Travel to Washington, DC in Safety, Comfort and Convenience
On the weekend of August 28, 2020, the 57th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s famous “I Have a Dream” speech, a march on Washington, DC will be held, led in part by families of black people who have died in police custody or at the hands of law enforcement officers. Organizers expect hundreds of thousands of marchers, thousands of buses and tents on or near the National Mall.
With the presidential election just months away, there will likely be many other marches, rallies and protests in the nation’s capital between now and November. You may have a group that wants to be a part of history—after all, there are few activities in life as meaningful as standing up for your beliefs. But you don’t want your trip to DC to be a hassle. You don’t want to have to worry about getting around, about getting there on time, or about your safety. With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you can relax and fully participate in all the events while we handle the details.
We’re Taking All Precautions to Ensure Your Safety
At US Coachways, we’ve implemented rigorous measures to promote the health and safety of passengers during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have instituted improved and expanded cleaning processes that meet or exceed guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and state and local governments. We are also providing personal protection equipment (PPE) to all drivers, as mandated by the Department of Transportation, the CDC and local government regulations.
We strongly recommend that everyone booking a charter bus through US Coachways honor appropriate social distancing guidelines, establishing maximum participation levels that keep everyone safe. However, we believe that our customers are in the best position to know the appropriate social distancing guidelines for their guests.
We also know that booking a charter bus trip involves some level of uncertainty, given the nature of the pandemic. For your convenience, we offer Worry Free Booking.
The Many Reasons to Choose a Charter Bus for Your Trip to Washington, DC
Putting together a group trip can be hard work, with lots of details. Make your ground transportation decision an easy one, with a charter bus rental. When you book a charter bus from US Coachways, you’ll have:
- A reliable form of transportation—Delays and cancellations are virtually non-existent with a charter bus
- An affordable way to get to, from and around the nation’s capital—On a charter bus, you’ll share many of the expenses of travel with fellow passengers
- A comfortable ride—The seats are spacious, with more leg room than any other mode of travel. There’s no middle seat, either. The aisles are wide, and you can get up and move about at any time.
- A safe way to travel—You’ll have a highly skilled and trained professional at the wheel. In addition, because there’s limited access to the bus, you won’t have uninvited guests. You and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- Flexibility—You tell us where you want to go, when you want to leave, how long you want to stay and when you want to return. We’ll handle the details.
- Convenience—You won’t have all the hassles of driving, and you won’t have to find your way around or worry about the time. Your driver will take care of those details. You can leave your devices connected at all times. There’s no TSA security line, either. In addition, you’ll be on the same bus for your entire trip, and your personal items will travel with you—no missed connections or lost bags.
- Less risk of getting stuck in traffic—You’ll be able to use the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes
- More than just a bus—Your coach is an ideal meeting place, and can offer a quiet place for rest and reflection in the midst of a busy trip to DC
- A chance to make a positive impact on the environment—Traveling with others on a charter bus can reduce the number of private vehicles on the roads, lowering carbon emissions
Why a Charter Bus Is Ideal for Traveling to a March or Political Rally
The unique aspects of a march or political rally are well-suited for charter bus rentals:
- There may be little time to plan or plans may change often and without notice—The flexibility you get with a charter bus makes it easy to deal with the uncertainty of a march or rally. In many instances, you can book an entire outing with extremely short notice.
- Rallies and marches involve group dynamics—At a rally, protest or march, you’re not alone—you’re with many others who share similar beliefs. With a charter bus, you can include as many people as want to go—multiple bus rentals are always an option. In addition, your bus can serve as a meeting and rallying place.
- Rallies and marches involve large groups of people—If you’re hoping to hook up with friends and family, you’ll find it extremely difficult. Travel together on a charter bus and you won’t have those concerns.
- You’ll be on your feet most of the time—When you’re at the march, you’ll likely be energized, engaged and active. At the end of the day, you’ll be exhausted. You’ll appreciate having your bus driver pick you up at a convenient location, handling all the details.
Let US Coachways Help You Secure the Ideal Coach for Your Trip
Almost as important as making the decision to travel by charter bus is taking the time to locate the right bus for your group and your outing. You want everyone to have enough room to be comfortable, but you don’t want a lot of wasted space.
At US Coachways, we’ll take the time to learn the specific details of your event—how many people you expect to attend, how far you’ll be traveling, what you’ll need to bring with you or want to take home, and any other special needs of your group. Then we’ll reach out to our vast network of charter bus service providers to find the coach that best fits your needs.
If you plan to visit the nation’s capital with a small-to-mid-sized group, consider the mini-bus, with a number of models that seat anywhere from 24 to 35 comfortably. If you’re traveling with a larger group, book a full-sized charter bus, with room for up to 57 passengers and a bathroom on board. Multiple bus rentals are an option and ADA-compliant coaches are available.
Your bus will come with certain amenities as standard features, including climate control, high-back bucket seats, a great sound system and plenty of storage. Additional modern conveniences are available for an extra charge, including Wifi, charging stations, electrical outlets, DVD players and monitors, P.A. systems, hardwood floors and leather seats. Check with your booking agent for availability.
The US Coachways Commitment
We’ve been leaders in the charter bus rental business for more than 35 year, due in large part to our continuing efforts to provide the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction. When you book with us, you’ll get:
- The best logistical support in the industry, from the selection of the right bus for your trip to the determination of ideal times and locations for picking up and dropping off participants. We also have the capability to accurately monitor roadway conditions, identifying potential roadblocks, so that we can find alternate routes to get you to your destination in a timely manner.
- Comprehensive dispatch services day and night, 24/7, with the capability to manage multiple locations at the same time
- A dedicated project management team, with a single point of contact, available to immediately address your concerns at all times
- Access to our state-of-the-art online Trip Management Portal, where you can view invoices and itineraries from all your trips, make reservations, get quotes, request a trip modification, make payments and monitor upcoming reservations
- The flexibility to make last minute or real-time changes to your itinerary, or to book an entire outing with little notice
- The benefit of our purchasing power—We set up more than $55 million in charter bus excursions every year, so we have the vendor loyalty and local market knowledge to consistently get highly competitive pricing
US Coachways is also approved by the General Services Administration (GSA) to provide charter bus services to the American government and its agencies, including the armed forces.
Your US Coachways Customer Bill of Rights
At US Coachways, we have established a customer “bill of rights,” to ensure that we always meet or exceed your expectations:
- You have the right to a reasonable and accurate estimate of all expected costs before you commit to work with us—We’ll provide you with written documentation of all projected costs at the time of sale. If the price of your trip goes up (other than in response to changes you’ve made), we will let you know immediately and give you the option to terminate your booking without being subject to a cancellation fee.
- You have the right to professional services from your driver—All persons who drive a bus on any US Coachways charter must strictly comply with state and federal regulations governing safety and rules of the road. Your driver must also have a full understanding of your itinerary and must at with professional courtesy in all matters and at all times. If your driver does not meet these standards, we ask that you promptly notify us and allow us to conduct a thorough investigation. If we substantiate your concerns, we will refund you 5% of the total cost of your charter, up to a limit of $500.
- You have the right to protection in the event of cancellation of your trip—We will give you a copy of our cancellation policy before you book your trip. We will also offer you “charter cancellation protection,” so that you minimize the consequences of a cancellation.
- You have the right to protection in states of emergency or during weather-related situations—If your outing cancels, or if any venue on your itinerary is inaccessible because of a declared “state of emergency,” any cancellation fees will be capped at $500, provided the cancellation was beyond your control. If you experience a weather-related cancellation, we’ll let you use the cancellation fee as a discount on future US Coachways bookings.
- You have a right to a coach with fully functioning amenities—If any feature of your bus fails to work properly we will either fix the problem or replace your bus, provided it’s either a standard feature of all buses or one for which you’ve paid an additional fee. In addition, for each day the amenity is not fully functional, we will refund you 5% of the total cost of your charter, up to maximum of 20% of the total cost of the charter.
- You have the right to be picked up on time—We have a 30-minute grace period to pick you up at the commencement of your trip. If we are more than 30 minutes late, we’ll refund you 5% of the total cost of the charter. For any additional 30-minute delay in picking you up, we’ll refund another 5% of the total cost of your charter, up to a maximum of 20%.
Make Your Charter Bus Reservation to DC Today!
When you book with US Coachways, you’ll have the benefit of our 35+ years of experience in the charter bus rental industry. For a complimentary quote on the cost of an outing to the District of Columbia, start with our convenient and easy-to-use online cost calculator. To ask any questions about charter bus travel or to find out the many different ways we can assist you with group outings, call 1-855-287-2427 and talk with an experienced luxury travel consultant.