Enjoy the Old Line State in the Comfort and Luxury of a Charter Bus
Planning a visit to Maryland with a group? Looking forward to some blue crab, some time on one of the state’s many beautiful beaches, a taste of the state’s rich cultural offerings, or a visit to one of the many historical sites here? Travel to Maryland the easy way—with a charter bus rental from US Coachways. Relax with friends and family while we handle all the details.
The Many Reasons to Take a Charter Bus to Maryland
When you’re planning a group outing, there’s nothing more important than your choice of transportation. If you have problems on the road, it can put a damper on the entire trip. With a charter bus rental, you’ll have:
- Reliable transportation—Did you know that more than 850,000 air travelers arrive late somewhere every day (on average)? That doesn’t happen with a charter bus. Your driver has the tools, resources and skills to find alternate routes to get you to your destination in a timely manner. In addition, because of our vast network of charter bus vendors, it’s usually easy for us to find a replacement coach, if necessary.
- Safety and security—Your driver is a skilled and highly trained professional, so the risk of an accident is minimal. Furthermore, because there’s only one way on and off the bus, it’s easy to keep tabs on who’s coming and going. You and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- Flexibility—There’s no other mode of transportation quite like a charter bus. You decide when you’ll leave, where you’ll be picked up and dropped off, where you’ll stop, how long you’ll be gone and when you’ll return. In most instances, you can leave early or stay longer than planned without a problem, or even book an entire outing at the last minute.
- Unmatched comfort—The seats are wide, with more leg room than you’ll find on any other type of transportation. There’s no middle seat, either. The aisles are spacious, and you can move about at your convenience.
- A stress-free way to travel—You won’t have to consult the GPS or look at your watch. Your driver will negotiate traffic and handle parking, too. There’s no TSA security checkpoint, and you won’t have to put your devices on “bus mode.” Stay connected at all times. In addition, because you’ll ride on the same bus for the entire trip, accompanied by your luggage, you won’t have to worry about missed connections or lost bags.
- Less risk of getting stuck in traffic—Take advantage of the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes
- More than just a means of transportation—Your bus can serve a number of purposes. It’s an ideal meeting space, as you’ll have a captive audience. It’s also a great place for a little quiet time during a busy trip to Maryland.
- A cost-effective way to travel—Because you share many of the expenses of getting there and back, charter bus travel typically gets you more for your money
- A chance to go green—When you share the ride with others on a charter bus, it takes a number of private vehicles off the roads. That leads to lower emissions, which helps the planet.
At US Coachways, we have provided effective ground transportation solutions to individuals, businesses, groups and group leaders for more than 30 years. Visit our online cost calculator to get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus trip to Maryland. Call us at 1-855-287-2427 to ask any questions or to learn more about the full range of services we provide.
A Sampling of the Many Great Attractions in Maryland
Here are just a few of the reasons to head to the Old Line State:
- The food—Maryland is probably best known for the blue crab, abundant in the Chesapeake Bay, but with the ocean nearby, there are many other types of seafood in ample supply, including oysters, sea bass, scallops, clams and sea trout. Maryland offers fertile farmland, so there’s an abundance of fresh produce in the summer and fall. Make sure you leave some room for a piece of Smith Island Cake, the official state dessert of Maryland. You’ll savor the thin layers of yellow cake connected by rich chocolate fudge. Another local favorite—Berger’s cookies, thin and crispy treats hand-dipped in a gooey fudge.
- The history—Maryland played a key role in the American Revolution, the War of 1812 and the American Civil War. Visit Fort McHenry, which withstood a 24-hour naval assault from the British in 1814, inspiring Francis Scott Key, an American held prisoner by the British, to pen our national anthem. Though no battles were fought in Maryland during the American Revolution, it was one of the original 13 colonies and its residents were ardent supporters of the cause for independence. Visit Westminster Hall to see the graves of Maryland soldiers who died in the Revolutionary War (as well as the grave of Edgar Allen Poe). Maryland also saw the single bloodiest day in the American Civil War (and in American history) with the battle at Antietam, on September 17, 1862. Battlefield tours are available.
- The culture—Live theater is alive and well across Maryland, from the Baltimore Shakespeare Factory to the Children’s Theatre of Annapolis, from the Cumberland Theatre in the western part of the state to the Newtowne Players, in Lexington Park, south of Washington, D.C. You’ll also find a dizzying array of great live music venues in the Old Line State, from the Strathmore Music Center and Mansion in North Bethesda and the Fillmore in Silver Spring to the Merriweather Post Pavilion between Baltimore and D.C. and Bobby McKey’s Dueling Piano Bar in Forest Heights. Patrons of the visual arts will enjoy the Baltimore Museum of Art, with more than 1,000 works by French painter Henri Matisse.
- The beaches—With almost 8,000 miles of coastline, Maryland has plenty of sand, sun and surf, from Ocean City to Cherry Beach to the stunning vistas at Sandy Point State Park.
- The mountains—Home to both the Appalachians and the Blue Ridge Mountains, Maryland offers scenic panoramas, as well as three-season hiking and some of the best skiing in the Mid-Atlantic.
There’s also the Inner Harbor, in Baltimore, where you’ll find nearly a dozen museums, historic ships that you can tour, concert halls and arenas, great restaurants and watering holes, a Holocaust Memorial, the National Aquarium, Babe Ruth’s birthplace and Camden Yards (home of the Orioles).
A Charter Bus—The Smart Choice for Any Outing to Maryland
The numerous benefits of a charter bus—flexibility, affordability, dependability, comfort, safety and convenience—make it a great option for any trip to Maryland:
- Family outings—Vacations, reunions, weddings, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, bar and bat mitzvahs, graduations, birthdays, anniversaries and retirement parties
- Business and corporate travel—Seminars, workshops, conferences, conventions, training sessions, business and sales meetings, team-building events, volunteerism, golf outings, company picnics and parties
- School trips—Fan and athlete transportation, student volunteer projects, prom and graduation after-parties, band and orchestra festivals, club and class trips, fraternity and sorority excursions, cultural opportunities
- Church outreach—Retreats, church camp sessions, mission trips, local volunteer projects, faith-based conventions and conferences, youth and adult fellowship opportunities, choir tours
- Senior citizen and retiree outings—Museums, historical attractions, concerts and plays, casino adventures, shopping trips, fall color tours
- Once in a lifetime events—Bowl games and championships, professional and college sports, motor car races, public rallies, food and cultural festivals, winery tours, touring Broadway productions, stadium and pavilion concerts
Let US Coachways Help You Find the Right Bus for Your Trip
You’ll appreciate all the benefits of a charter bus rental, but you’ll want to take the time to ensure that you have the best coach for your group and your trip. At US Coachways, we’ll carefully gather all essential information about your outing—how many people will be going, what you’ll need to bring or take home, how long you’ll be on the road, and any other special needs of your participants. Then we’ll go to our extensive network of charter bus service providers to find the optimal bus.
If you’re visiting Maryland with a small-to-medium-sized entourage, we recommend the mini-bus. It comes in a number of sizes, accommodating anywhere from 24 to 35 passengers. For larger groups, the full-sized bus is ideal, with seating for up to 57 and an on-board bathroom. Multiple bus rentals are an option and ADA-accessible coaches can be rented.
All charter buses (except for some school buses) come with luxurious, high-back bucket seats, climate control, a great sound system and plenty of storage space. Other features, such as Wifi, electrical outlets, DVD players and monitors, public address systems, leather seats and hardwood floors, may be available for an additional charge. Check with your booking agent.
The US Coachways Advantage
For more than three decades, we’ve worked hard to provide the best customer experience in the business. When you charter a bus with US Coachways, you can expect:
- Comprehensive dispatch services when you need them, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Unmatched logistical support—We’ll help you select the optimal coach for your group and your trip, and we’ll work closely with you to identify the best drop-off and pickup times and locations. We will also keep an eye on the roads, looking for construction or other factors that might hinder your travel.
- A dedicated project management team, with a single point of contact, ready and able to respond to your needs in a timely and effective manner
- The use of our online Trip Management Portal , a powerful tool that lets you see invoices, itineraries and other information from all of your US Coachways bookings in a single location
- A great deal of flexibility in your travel—Because we’ve built solid relationships with charter bus vendors nationwide, it’s usually not a problem for us to make last-minute or real-time changes to your travel plans. We can also book most trips with relatively short notice.
- Highly competitive pricing—We book, on average, more than $55 million in charter bus rentals every year. That gives us the vendor commitments and the local market price knowledge to maximize our purchasing power.
We are also GSA (General Services Administration) approved to provide charter bus services to United States government and its agencies, including the military.
Make Your Charter Bus Reservation for Maryland Today!
At US Coachways, we bring more than 30 years of experience in the charter bus industry to individuals, businesses, groups and group leaders throughout the Mid-Atlantic and across the United States. To get a free estimate on the cost of a charter bus trip to the Old Line State, go to our easy-to-use online cost calculator. We’ll send you a quote within minutes and follow up with an e-mail. To learn more about the full scope of our services or to get answers to any questions about charter bus rentals, call 1-855-287-2427 and speak with an experienced travel consultant.