Your Guide to a Trip to the Capital of Silicon Valley
The epicenter of high tech, San Jose is a thriving city with much to offer visitors. Arts and culture abound. There’s shopping for everyone, from flea markets and antiques to high-end boutiques. The city’s cultural diversity makes it a culinary mecca. It also boasts some of the best wineries and brew houses on the West Coast.
But San Jose is a big city now—10th in size across the United States. You don’t want to work when you come here—you want to play. The best way to do that—on a charter bus from US Coachways.
The Many Reasons to Travel by Charter Bus
With any group trip, there are seemingly endless decisions to make. One of the most important, though, is your choice of ground transportation. When your participants experience problems on the road, it can be easy to forget the fun they had in San Jose. Here are some of the many great reasons to choose charter for group travel:
- Everyone will be comfortable—The seats are wide, with more leg room than any other mode of transportation. There’s no middle seat, either, so you won’t have to tuck your elbows in. The aisles are roomy and you can move about at your leisure.
- You can customize your trip—With a charter bus, you decide when you want to travel, where you want to go, what you want to see and when you want to leave. In many instances, you can make last minute changes or book an entire trip with little notice. There’s no other type of transportation that gives you that much flexibility and control.
- You’ll get where you’re going, and you’ll be on time—With most other modes of transportation, delays and cancellations are simply a part of doing business. In the airline industry, for example, more than 800,000 passengers arrive late at a destination every day. That doesn’t happen with a charter bus. The vast network of vendors makes it easy for us to find a replacement coach, should you have mechanical problems. In addition, your driver has the tools and technology to anticipate traffic issues and find alternate routes to get you to your destination in a timely manner.
- Everyone can relax on a charter bus—With other types of group travel, someone has to take responsibility for navigation, and for ensuring that you get there on time. With a charter bus, your driver handles all those details, so you can relax with everyone else. You won’t have to sprint to make a connection or worry about lost luggage. You’ll be on the same bus throughout the trip and your bags will travel with you. There’s no TSA security checkpoint for a charter bus, so you won’t have to stand in line, take off your shoes or empty your pockets. You can also stay connected during your trip—there’s no need to put your phone on “bus mode.”
- You will feel safe and secure—Your driver has extensive training and knows how to handle your bus. In addition, there’s only one way on and off the coach, so you’ll be able to easily monitor who comes and goes. You and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- You can use the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes—This can really help move you through traffic.
- Charter bus travel is affordable—When you share the ride with others, you also share the costs of transportation. That leaves you more money to spend in San Jose.
- You’ll travel green—When you ride on a charter bus, you help remove a number of personal vehicles from the roads. That reduces emissions and helps the planet. See how US Coachways had a positive impact on the environment in 2018.
At US Coachways, we bring more than three decades of experience to groups and group leaders seeking solutions to their ground transportation needs. For a free estimate on the cost of a trip to San Jose, go to our easy-to-use online cost calculator. To find out how we can assist you with group travel, call 1-855-287-2427 and speak with an experienced travel consultant.
Can’t Wait To Get Back to San Jose
If you’ve ever visited the capital of Silicon Valley, then you understand the words of the song—it’s a city that will draw you back again and again. If it’s your first time to this modern center of technology, art, history, museums, horticulture, food and beverages, get ready to have a great time. You’ll enjoy:
- The museums—For sheer diversity, there are few cities that match the museums in San Jose. It’s the high-tech center of the universe, so it’s no surprise that the Tech Museum of Innovation is here, with an interactive exhibit where you can design your own robot, as well as the Virtual Test Zone, where fantasy becomes reality. Head back into ancient history at the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum. Exhibits include a child mummy, a rock-cut tomb replica and a stone figure of Cleopatra. The Winchester Mystery House, the former private home of the rifle magnate William Wirt Winchester, is said to be haunted by the ghosts of people killed by Winchester rifles. The San Jose Museum of Art, opened half a century ago, boasts one of the largest collections of 20th century West Coast artists.
- The shopping—Though it’s one of the most affluent communities in the world, San Jose offers shopping experiences for everyone. The San Jose Flea Market, with more than 8 miles of aisles and over 2,000 vendors, draws more than 4 million customers every year. Santana Row (known to locals simply as “the Row”) offers upscale boutiques, spas and salons, and more than 30 restaurants. From Gucci and Ann Taylor to Best Buy and The Container Store, there’s much to find here.
- The neighborhoods—Though it’s now the third-largest city in California, San Jose has always been a city of neighborhoods. Head over to Japantown for outstanding cuisine, art galleries, one-of-a-kind shops and the experience of one of the most authentic Japanese communities in the United States. The San Pedro Market Square is the place to go when you’re hungry, but don’t know what you want. In addition to a wide variety of culinary offerings, there are specialty shops, pubs and a number of nightlife options. Willow Glen, first populated about 100 years ago, features unconventional restaurants and stores, along with stunning arts and crafts architecture.
- The food—San Jose is a veritable melting pot of culture and cuisine, with dining options across the spectrum. If you’re looking for local legends, stop by Bill’s Café, Henry’s Hi-Life or the Smoking Pig BBQ Company. For fine dining, there’s La Foret (French) or Fogo de Chao (Brazilian). You’ll find food from around the world, from Afghani to Moroccan, Filipino to Burmese, Malaysian to Peruvian. The half-pound burgers at the Naglee Park Garage come with a dizzying array of toppings. Another local staple is the mac and cheese waffles at Café Stritch. You won’t leave San Jose hungry!
- The beverages—Oenophiles and zythophiles (wine connoisseurs and beer aficionados, respectively) will find much to raise a glass to in San Jose. With dozens of world-class wineries—Mountain Winery, Coterie Cellars and J. Lohr are among the most popular—it’s easy to find outstanding wine here. San Jose is also a haven for craft brewers, with more than a dozen microbreweries or brew pubs in the metro area. Hermitage Brewing Company, Uproar, Strike and Hapa’s are local favorites.
- The rose gardens—One of the crown jewels of the city, the Municipal Rose Garden spans more than six acres, with more than 4,000 bushes. Located in what the locals now call “Rose Garden,” it’s surrounded by immense old homes of Tudor architecture. Nearby, you’ll find the Heritage Rose Garden, with over 2,800 species of roses.
A Charter Bus—A Great Fit for Any Type of Trip
A charter bus is an excellent option for any type of excursion to San Jose:
- Business or corporate travel—Whether you’re taking employees to a convention, conference, business meeting, training session, team-building exercise or company party, you’ll appreciate the ease with which a charter bus will get you there and back. You can take advantage of your time on the road, briefing or debriefing team members or building company morale.
- Family gatherings—Let your loved ones travel in luxury, comfort and convenience. It’s a great way to get to and from a wedding, reunion, engagement party, graduation open house, rehearsal dinner, bar mitzvah, birthday, retirement or anniversary celebration.
- School outings—You’ll appreciate the safety and accountability you get with a charter bus, whether you’re traveling to an athletic competition, a club or class trip or an arts or cultural offering.
- Church outreach—Build fellowship as you travel for a mission trip, community volunteer work, a choir tour or a youth group event.
- Special events—Take a group of fans to a concert, Broadway play or big game. Travel safely to and from a festival or rally. On a charter bus, you can enjoy the whole trip.
Let Us Help You Find the Ideal Coach for Your Group
When you take a group to San Jose on a charter bus, you want to make certain the coach you have meets your needs. At US Coachways, we’ll look at the details of your outing—how many people are going, how long you’ll be on the road, and what you’ll need to bring. Then we’ll work with our extensive network of vendors to find the coach that’s just right for you.
If you’re visiting San Jose with a mid-sized group, you’ll want to book a mini-bus. It seats 24 to 35 comfortably and has ample space for luggage and other personal items. For larger groups, the full-sized bus is the vehicle of choice, accommodating up to 57 passengers. Multiple bus rentals are always an option.
With most charter buses, modern conveniences such as Wifi, DVD players, charging stations and stereo/PA systems are standard. You can also get a coach with an on-board bathroom. The amenities vary from bus to bus, so check with your booking agent to determine availability.
Book Your Charter Bus Rental to San Jose Today!
At US Coachways, we have longstanding relationships with more than 2,000 charter bus service providers across the United States. We’ve provided effective transportation solutions to groups and group leaders for more than 30 years. To get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus trip to the heart of Silicon Valley, check out our user-friendly online cost calculator. To learn more about the services we can provide, call 1-855-287-2427 and speak with a customer service agent.