See the Golden City the Easy Way—In the Luxury and Comfort of a Charter Bus
When you’re looking for a truly unique travel experience, with an unparalleled array of cultural, culinary, historical and retail offerings, there’s no place like San Francisco. In fact, for many years, it was affectionately referred to as the “Baghdad by the Bay” because of the multitude of cultures and characters you’d find there. It’s still a mecca for many things, from music and art to coffee and craft beer, from live theatre and opera to the world-class shopping in Union Square.
San Francisco’s an old and historic city, with lots of twists and turns, and changes in elevation. You could take your own car, but why? There’s a simpler and better way to really enjoy the City by the Bay—in the comfort, luxury and convenience of a charter bus from US Coachways.
Why a Charter Bus is the Best Way to Get to and from San Francisco
Organizing a group outing can often be a thankless job. You can rest assured, though, that your participants will appreciate going to the City by the Bay on a charter bus. Here’s why:
- You can count on a charter bus—There’s no more reliable mode of transportation. You won’t have to worry about delays or cancellations—they’re virtually unheard of with a charter bus.
- You’ll be safe and secure—With highly trained professionals behind the wheel, charter buses have one of the lowest accident rates of any means of travel. In addition, the limited access to the bus makes it easy to keep an eye on who’s coming and going.
- It’s consistently one of the most affordable ways to travel—On a charter bus, you share most of the costs of travel with your fellow passengers. That makes charter bus travel extremely cost-effective.
- You’ll be able to customize your trip—With other modes of transportation, you typically have a handful of choices. With a charter bus, you are virtually unlimited. You tell us when and where you want to leave, how often you want to stop, how long you want to stay and when you want to come home.
- You’ll be very comfortable—The seats are spacious and there’s more leg room than on any other mode of travel. There’s no middle seat, either. The aislesRemove featured image are wide and you can move about at your leisure.
- You can relax—You won’t have to worry about finding your venue or hotel, securing parking, battling traffic or getting there on time. Your driver will handle all those details. You’ll be on the same coach for the entire trip and your bags will travel with you—no worries about lost luggage or missed connections. There’s no TSA security checkpoint, either. Your devices won’t interfere with navigational systems, so you can stay connected at all times.
- You can take advantage of the high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes—That’s always a benefit when you go to San Francisco
- You’ll have more than just a bus—Your coach can easily double as a meeting space, or even a quiet haven in the middle of a busy trip
- You’ll be helping the planet—When you travel with others on a charter bus, you take a number of personal vehicles off the roads, lowering carbon emissions
At US Coachways, we have more than 30 years of experience as leaders in the charter bus rental industry. To get a free estimate on the cost of a charter bus outing to San Francisco, go to our online cost calculator. For more information about our services or to ask any questions about charter bus rentals, call 1-855-287-2427 and speak with an experienced travel consultant.
You Can Do It All in San Francisco
There’s much to satisfy the interests and passions of anyone in Frisco:
- Shopping—San Francisco is renowned for its retail diversity. Start in the Embarcadero District, with its roots in the Gold Rush days. Built on the remains of beached gold-hunting ships, the Embarcadero has one of California’s best farmers’ markets, as well as high end boutiques, antique stores and more. For a true neighborhood feel, truck on over to Fillmore Street, where you’ll find hundreds of one-of-a-kind emporiums. Haight Ashbury, the epicenter of 60s hippiedom, now boasts high-end vintage stores and exclusive boutiques. Hayes Valley, close to the ballet and the symphony, offers antique shops, book stores and art galleries.
- Dining—You’ll want to bring a healthy appetite to San Francisco, as the city offers nearly 3,500 places to eat, more per capita than any other large city in America. Of course, you don’t want to leave town without sampling some of its iconic food—sourdough bread, Dungeness crab, sand dabs and bay shrimp. But there are also some other tasty treats in the city. A number of restaurants serve a dish simply known as “Joe’s Special,” a combination of spinach, onions, ground beef, eggs and mushrooms. There’s also the Hangtown Fry, a mixture of scrambled eggs, bacon and oysters. Don’t forget the coffee, either…SF has long been renowned for its rich dark brews.
- Libations—San Francisco is home to more than 20 microbreweries, most of which have tasting rooms. Check out Willkommen, an indoor beer garden (or Biergarten) developed jointly by Black Hammer Brewing and Rosamunde Sausage Grill. Of course, San Francisco’s just a stone’s throw from Sonoma—you can take a day trip to the vineyards or enjoy California vintages at most of the city’s top wine bars, including Amelie, the Press Club, and the Fig and Thistle.
- Arts and culture—Patrons of the visual and performing arts have ample opportunities to feed their passions in San Francisco. The de Young, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and the Legion of Honor are among the nation’s premier art museums. Music lovers can choose from almost any genre, from world-class opera to classic rock at the Fillmore. Other great live music venues include Bottom of the Hill, Amnesia Beer and Music Hall, Slim’s and the Rickshaw Stop. Catch Broadway shows at the SF Playhouse, intimate productions at the Aurora or emerging artists and experimental theater at the New Conservatory.
- History—The city of San Francisco (then known as Yerba Buena) was initially settled just days before the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Visit Mission Dolores, where Spanish missionaries first put down roots. You can also have a drink at The Old Ship Saloon, fashioned out of the hull of The Arkansas, a gold ship that foundered on the rocks at Alcatraz in 1849. Of course, you can also visit Alcatraz and see where many of the country’s most infamous convicts, including Al Capone, Mickey Cohen and Robert Franklin Stroud (the Birdman of Alcatraz) have been housed. Take a tour of the “Ellis Island of the West” on Angel Island, where upwards of a million Chinese immigrants passed through on their way to a new home in America.
With US Coachways, You’ll Have the Right Bus for Your Group and Your Trip
You know that you want to travel to and from San Francisco on a charter bus. It’s just as important, though, to make certain you have the right coach for your group.
At US Coachways, we’ll take the time to learn the details of your excursion—how many people will be traveling with you, how long you’ll be on the road, any special items you’ll need to take with you or want to bring home, and other unique needs of your group. Then we’ll work closely with our vast national network of charter bus service providers to find the best coach for your group and your trip.
If you’re traveling to San Francisco with a small-to-medium-sized group, consider the mini-bus, with a number of different options, seating anywhere from 24 to 35 passengers. For larger groups, the full-sized bus is ideal, with accommodations for up to 57 people and an on-board bathroom. Multiple bus rentals are always available and ADA-accessible coaches can be rented.
All charter buses come with plush, high-back bucket seats, climate control, a great sound system and plenty of storage space. Other modern amenities, including Wifi, electrical outlets, DVD players and monitors, public address systems, hardwood floors and leather seats, may also be available. Check with your booking agent.
The Smart Choice for Any Trip to San Francisco—A Charter Bus
There’s no other mode of travel that offers all the benefits of a charter bus—dependability, comfort, affordability, safety, flexibility and convenience. That makes it an excellent way to travel to and from San Francisco, regardless of the occasion:
- Business and corporate events—Conventions, conferences, training, sales and business meetings, seminars, workshops, team-building exercises, company volunteer efforts, golf outings, picnics and holiday celebrations
- Family gatherings—Reunions, graduations, birthdays, weddings, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, bar and bat mitzvahs, anniversaries, retirement parties and even family vacations
- School travel—Fan and athlete transportation, band and orchestra festivals, graduation and prom after-parties, fraternity and sorority outings, club and class trips, cultural offerings, student volunteer projects
- Church outreach—Church camp sessions, retreats, faith-based conferences and conventions, mission trips, local volunteer work, adult and youth group fellowship opportunities, choir tours
- Senior citizen and retiree excursions—Shopping trips, casino nights, plays and concerts, museums, historical attractions, and fall foliage tours
- Once-in-a-lifetime events—Championship and bowl games, college and professional sports, motor car races, food and cultural festivals, public rallies, winery and brewery tours, stadium and arena concerts, touring Broadway shows
The US Coachways Commitment
At US Coachways, we’ve spent more than three decades working hard to provide the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction in the charter bus rental industry. When you secure a charter bus rental with us, you’ll get:
- Comprehensive dispatch services at all times, 24 hours a day—We can easily handle multiple pickup and drop-off sites at the same time.
- The use of our online Trip Management Portal –This powerful tool lets you see invoices, itineraries and other information from all your US Coachways bookings in the same location
- Your own team of dedicated project management professionals, with a single point of contact at all times
- The best logistical support in the business—We’ll help you find the right bus, determine optimal pickup and drop-off times and locations, and keep an eye on the roads for construction and other factors that may have an impact on your travel
- Unmatched flexibility—You want to make some last-minute or real-time changes to your travel schedule. In most instances, we can make it happen. We can also book most trips with relatively short notice (although the earlier you book, the more options you’ll have)
- The benefit of our purchasing power—We set up, on average, more than $55 million in charter bus trips every year. That gives us the vendor relationships and local market knowledge to consistently get highly competitive pricing.
US Coachways is also an approved vendor by the General Services Administration (GSA). That means we can provide luxury charter bus services to the United States government and its agencies and entities, including the armed forces.
Make Your Charter Bus Plans for San Francisco Today!
Take the first step toward a great group outing to the City by the Bay—call US Coachways at 1-855-287-2427 and talk with one of our experienced travel consultants. We bring more than 30 years of experience to individuals, businesses, groups and group leaders across the nation. We’ll even provide a free quote on the cost of a charter bus excursion to San Francisco. Go to our easy-to-use online cost calculator to initiate the process.