Honor the Sacrifices and Commitment of the Spouses of Those in Uniform
When we pay our respects to those who choose to serve our country, we often forget those who stand behind them—the nearly 650,000 spouses they leave behind. It’s a heavy responsibility that’s imposed on the wives and husbands of active duty service members, maintaining the home, caring for children, and worrying about the safety of loved ones. Unfortunately, that sacrifice often gets overlooked.
In 1984, recognizing the contributions that military spouses make, as well as the trials they endure, President Ronald Reagan declared that the Friday before Mother’s Day every year will be designated Military Spouse Appreciation Day, a part of Military Appreciation Month. This year, the nation will pay tribute to military spouses on Friday, May 8, 2020.
At US Coachways, we applaud actions that honor our military spouses, not just on Military Spouse Appreciation Day, but year round. We wholeheartedly support our troops and their spouses, providing military discounts on charter bus trips anywhere in the United States.
Trust Your Trip to US Coachways
At US Coachways, we are the nation’s leading charter bus rental company, arranging more than 25,000 outings every year. For more than 35 years, we’ve help bring events and people together, establishing an industry-wide reputation for our skills with short-notice bookings and trips involving complicated logistics. We place a premium on safety and reliability, using our high-speed, intuitive online reservation system to provide on-demand access to thousands of charter buses in hundreds of cities across the country. To get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus rental to any Military Spouse Appreciation Day event, go to our convenient online cost calculator. For additional information about the ways we can help you with group travel, or to get more details about charter bus rentals, live chat us or call 1-855-287-2427 to speak with an experienced luxury travel consultant.
Your Rights as a US Coachways Customer
At US Coachways, we know that you are integral to our success. When you book a charter bus trip with us, you’ll have the right to:
- Upfront pricing—We’ll disclose all potential costs at the time of sale, documenting them in writing in your charter bus agreement. We know from experience, though, that prices can change due to supply and demand. If your cost increases after you’ve signed your contract, we will immediately notify you and give you the opportunity to cancel your charter without incurring a cancellation fee, provided the increases are not due to changes you made in your travel schedule.
- Financial protection in the event of a cancellation—We will carefully explain our cancellation policy to you before you enter into your charter bus agreement, and will give you the option to purchase “charter cancellation protection,” so that you can reduce the financial impact of a canceled trip or event.
- Protection in the event of a “state of emergency” or weather-related closure/cancellation—If a venue on your trip is closed, or an event cancelled, because of a declared “state of emergency,” we will limit your cancellation fees to $500 per vehicle, provided you were not a cause of the cancellation or closure. If there’s a closure or cancellation because of weather, any cancellation fees incurred may be used as a discount on future US Coachways bookings.
- A professional driver—We require that any drivers used by affiliate vendors on any charter we book abide by all state and federal safety and driving regulations. Furthermore, your driver must be well-acquainted with all aspects of your itinerary, and must comport himself or herself in a professional manner at all times. If your driver does not meet these requirements, we ask that you notify us immediately, so that we can fully investigate your concerns. If our investigation supports your allegations, we will refund you 5% of the total cost of your charter, up to a maximum of $500.
- Amenities that work—If any feature on your bus, such as climate control, Wifi, DVD players and similar items, does not work properly, we will either fix it or find you a replacement coach, if possible. For each day that an amenity does not function, we will refund 5% of the total cost of your charter, up to a maximum of 20% of the total cost of your charter.
- To timely departure—We allow a 30-minute grace period for your initial pick-up. If we are more than 30 minutes late, we will refund you 5% of the total cost of your charter. For any further 30 minute delays, we will refund an additional 5% of the total cost of the charter, up to a maximum of 20% of the total cost of the charter.
Our Commitment to Active Duty Service Members and Their Spouses
At US Coachways, we have a long history of supporting members of the armed forces and their families. We are GSA (General Services Administration) approved to provide charter bus rentals to the American government and its agencies, which allows us to provide charter bus rentals to all branches of the U.S. military. We offer a 5% military discount to any destination in the country—during the last 12 months, we’ve had 48 groups take advantage of the military discount. Those trips have allowed many military spouses to build a stronger sense of community, sharing experiences with others who have much in common, while simultaneously providing comfort and companionship.
A Charter Bus—Great for a Military Spouse Outing
A charter bus rental offers a great opportunity to honor military spouses. Schedule a shopping trip for the wives and husbands on your base, or set up a trip to a special event, such as a concert, Broadway show or big game. Some other great ideas include:
- A trip to a day spa—This isn’t necessarily an outing just for military wives. Many spas also offer services that cater to men, including manicures, pedicures, and massages.
- An outdoor excursion—A hike or a visit to an arboretum or botanical gardens can offer a great opportunity for conversation and camaraderie
- A winery tour—Let your hair down and relax, while we do the driving
Some things to remember, though, when planning an event for military spouses:
- Avoid restaurant settings—They’re typically loud and it’s difficult for participants to mingle, so conversation can be limited
- Don’t always include children—Some military spouses don’t have kids, and many others really need a little time away
Of course, the reliability, comfort, affordability, safety, flexibility and convenience a charter bus offers also make it an ideal mode of transportation for other occasions:
- Business and corporate travel—Sales and business meetings, conferences, conventions, seminars, workshops, training, team-building exercises, employee volunteer efforts, golf outings, picnics and company celebrations
- School trips—Band and orchestra festivals and performances, athletic competition, club and class trips, cultural events, prom and graduation after-parties, fraternity and sorority excursions, student volunteer work
- Family gatherings—Reunions, weddings, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, bar and bat mitzvahs, birthdays, anniversaries, retirement parties and family vacations
- Church travel—Local outreach, mission trips, praise gatherings or meetings, adult and youth fellowship opportunities, retreats, church camp sessions, faith-based conferences and conventions, choir tours
- Senior citizen and retiree events—Shopping excursions, plays and concerts, historical venues, art and cultural museums, casinos, fall color tours
- Once-in-a-lifetime events—Rallies and public celebrations, touring Broadway shows, stadium and arena concerts, bowl games and championships, professional and college sports, auto races, food and cultural festivals, winery tours
The US Coachways Edge
We’ve stayed at the forefront of the charter bus rental business by continually looking for new and better ways to serve our customers. When you set up a charter bus rental with US Coachways, you’ll have the benefits of:
- Our purchasing muscle—We book, on average, more than $55 million in charter bus outings every year. That ensures vendor allegiance and gives us a local market understanding that allows us to consistently provide outstanding value in charter bus rentals.
- Our flexibility—Because we have access to one of the largest on-demand fleets of charter buses in the nation, we can usually accommodate last-minute or real-time requests for itinerary changes, or even book an entire trip with short notice.
- Your own dedicated project management team—You’ll also have a single point of contact, someone that you contact at any time to address any concerns
- The use of our online Trip Management Portal, where you can peruse invoices, itineraries and other information from all your US Coachways bookings in the same place, and can make or change a reservation, get a quote, make a payment or track reservations.
- The best logistical support in the charter bus business—We are known and respected by customers and competitors for our ability to effectively and efficiently handle charter bus trips with complex logistical requirements. We’ll help you find the right coach, determine the best sites and times for pick-ups and drop-offs, and monitor road conditions to minimize slowdowns on the road.
- Comprehensive dispatch services throughout your trip, with the experience and resources to handle multiple sites at one time
The Right Bus Makes a Big Difference
At US Coachways, we will take the time to help make certain you have a coach that’s well-suited for your group and your trip. We learn as much as we can about your group—how many people will be attending, where you’re coming from, what you’ll need to bring or take home, and any other special needs of your participants. Then we’ll reach out to our industry-leading network of premier charter bus vendors to find the ideal bus for you.
If you’re attending a Military Spouse Appreciation Day event with a small group, we recommend the mini-bus. It comes in a number of sizes, seating anywhere from 24 to 35 comfortably. If your group is larger, book the full-sized charter bus, with room for up to 57 and an on-board restroom. You can always book more than one bus and ADA-compliant coaches are generally available.
With most charter buses (other than some school buses), certain amenities are standard, including climate control, high-back bucket seats, a great sound system and plenty of space for personal items. Additional amenities, including Wifi, public address systems, electrical outlets and USB ports, DVD players and monitors, leather seats and hardwood floors, are usually available as well, for an extra charge. Check with your booking agent.
Make Your Reservations Today for Military Spouse Appreciation Day
At US Coachways, we are proud to provide charter bus services to men and women participating in the celebrations and festivities on Military Spouse Appreciation Day. To get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus rental anywhere in the United States, go to our easy-to-use online cost calculator. We will follow up with an estimate within minutes. To learn more about the full range of services we provide at US Coachways, or to ask any questions about charter bus rentals, live chat us or call 1-855-287-2427 to speak with an experienced luxury travel consultant.