Visit the Motor City in the Luxury and Comfort of a Charter Bus
Motown…the Automotive Capital of the World…the Town That Put the World on Wheels…the Motor City. Detroit’s rich history is necessarily linked to its role in the birth and explosion of the American automobile industry and culture. But there’s so much more to this amazingly resilient city. There’s a renaissance going on in Detroit, from the boom in the city’s downtown real estate market to burgeoning culinary scene. The New York Times named it one of the 52 places to go in 2017, and Lonely Planet, the world’s largest travel guide book publisher, listed it among the top ten global cities in 2018.
It’s still the motor city, though, and the traffic can be challenging. There’s an easy way to see this great and storied city—in the comfort and luxury of a charter bus from US Coachways.
The Many Reasons to See Detroit on a Charter Bus
With any group outing, there are endless particulars that need to be addressed. Without a doubt, though, one of the most important is your choice of transportation. If there are problems getting there and back, people will quickly forget how much fun they had in Detroit. Make the smart decision and book a charter bus from US Coachways:
- It’s reliable—Delays and cancellations are pretty common with other forms of travel—about 40% of air travelers arrive late somewhere every day! That’s not the case with a charter bus. Your driver has the tools and resources to find alternate routes to get you there on time. In addition, our access to charter bus service providers nationwide makes it easy to find a replacement coach.
- It’s safe—You’ll have a highly skilled and trained driver behind the wheel. In addition, there’s only one way on and off the bus, so it’s easy to monitor comings and goings. You and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- It’s comfortable—The seats are wide, with more leg room than any other mode of travel. There’s no middle seat, either. The aisles are spacious and you are free to walk about at any time.
- It’s affordable—On a charter bus, you share the costs of travel with fellow passengers, making charter bus travel consistently one of the most cost-effective ways to go
- It’s stress-free—You won’t have to worry about other drivers, look at your GPS, check the time or try to find a parking place—your driver will handle those details. You won’t have concerns about missed connections or lost bags—you’ll be on the same coach your entire trip and your luggage will travel with you. There’s no TSA security line, either, and your phone won’t interfere with navigational systems. You can bring your favorite shampoo and stay connected at all times.
- You’ll have virtually unlimited flexibility—You decide when you want to leave, how long you want to be gone, where you’ll stop, how long you’ll stay and what you’ll see. No other mode of transportation gives you as much control over your trip.
- You can take advantage of the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes, minimizing the risk of getting stuck in traffic
- You’ll have more than just a way to get there and back—Your bus is an ideal place for a meeting or group event, whether you’re prepping employees, talking game plans with your team, or warming up for a choir concert. It’s also a great place for some quiet time in the middle of a hectic trip to Detroit.
- It’s environmentally conscious—When you travel to and from Detroit on a charter bus, you take a number of private vehicles off the roads, lowering carbon emissions.
At US Coachways, we bring more than three decades of experience in the charter bus industry to groups and group leaders nationwide. Go to our convenient online cost calculator for a free quote on the cost of an outing to Detroit. For more information about the full range of services we offer, or to ask any questions about charter bus rentals, call 1-855-287-2427 and speak with a travel consultant.
Do It All in Detroit
Name your passion and you can satisfy it in Detroit:
- Food—Named one of the six “unexpected” cities for food lovers in North America—but not so unexpected by locals—Detroit offers a potpourri of culinary experiences worthy of the best cities in the world. Visit Greektown, the blocks-long section of downtown where you’ll have your choice of authentic Greek cuisine and the watchword is “opa!” Take a trip to the city’s oldest neighborhood—Corktown—where fine dining establishments sit side-by-side with diners. For a truly unique experience, order the breakfast poutine at Brooklyn Street Local. And don’t leave Detroit without enjoying its signature style pizza, a rectangular pie with a thick, but crispy crust. The first Detroit-style pizzas were cooked on tool trays from the automotive industry.
- Craft spirits—Michigan has long been at the forefront of the craft beer movement and Detroit has helped pave the way, with dozens of craft breweries. Among the watering holes you don’t want to miss—the Jolly Pumpkin, Eastern Market Brewing Company, Motor City Brewing Works and the Detroit Brewing Company, a short walk from Comerica Park (Tigers), Ford Field (Lions) and the Detroit Opera House. For something a little different (and a bit more potent), check out the Nektar Meadery in nearby Ferndale. The Sugar House, in Corktown, is the place to go for craft distillery offerings in the Motor City.
- Great shopping—Detroit offers a little (actually a lot) of everything for retail aficionados. If it’s the mall experience you crave, head over to the Twelve Oaks Mall, the Village at Rochester Hills, or Fairlane Town Center. For boutiques and one-of-a-kind stores, there’s the Midtown neighborhood, just north of downtown, where you’ll find independent merchants and a number of art galleries. The nearby suburbs of Royal Oak and Rochester offer antiques emporiums, boutiques, salons and lots of great restaurants.
- World-class visual and performing arts—Matisse, Rodin, Rembrandt, Degas, Van Gogh, Diego Rivera—you’ll find works by these famous artists…and more…at the Detroit Institute of Arts, on Woodward Avenue. This is Motown, so you know you’ll find live music here. The city boasts dozens of great venues, offering music from just as many genres. There’s the Aretha Franklin Amphitheater, named after the local legend and Queen of Soul. You won’t see anything anywhere quite like the Fox Theatre, a National Historic Landmark built in 1928. The Detroit Opera House, an Italian Renaissance-style gem built in 1922, seats 2,700. The Fillmore, at the site of a movie house built in 1925, brings in national and international stars year round.
- The history—This is where Henry Ford created the assembly line and almost singlehandedly built the American automobile industry. See much of the city’s history (and quite a bit of the nation’s history as well) at the nearby Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. Take a tour of the Ford River Rouge Factory to learn about the growth and development of the muscle car. If you’re a music fan, plan a visit to the MoTown Museum and Hitsville USA, where you can tour the actual studies where the MoTown sound was created, as well as an extensive collection of music business memorabilia.
We’ll Find the Right Bus for Your Group
When you travel by charter bus, you need to take the time to ensure that you have the right bus for your group and your trip—one with plenty of room for everyone to be comfortable, but without too much empty space. At US Coachways, we’ll learn the details of your excursion—how many people are going, how long you’ll be traveling, what you need to bring or want to take home, and any other special needs of your participants. Then we’ll reach out to our vast network of charter bus vendors to find the ideal bus for your outing.
If you’re visiting the Motor City with a small-to-medium-sized group, opt for the mini-bus. It comes in a number of sizes, seating anywhere from 24 to 35 comfortably. For larger groups, the full-sized bus is a great choice, with accommodations for up to 57 and an on-board bathroom. Multiple bus rentals are always an option and ADA-accessible coaches are available.
Most charter buses, except for some school buses, come with plush, high-back bucket seats, climate control, a great sound system and ample space for luggage and personal items. Other modern conveniences, such as Wifi, DVD players and monitors, electrical outlets, public address systems, hardwood floors and leather seats, may be available for an extra charge. Check with your booking agent.
Take a Charter Bus on Any Trip to Detroit
Comfort…convenience…dependability…flexibility…safety…affordability—the many attributes of a charter bus make it a great choice for any outing to Detroit:
- Once-in-a-lifetime events—Professional and college sports, championship games, motor car races, food and cultural festivals, public rallies, touring Broadway shows, stadium, arena and pavilion concerts
- Family gatherings—Reunions, weddings, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, bar and bat mitzvahs, graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, retirement parties and family vacations
- Business and company outings—Conventions, conferences, training sessions, team-building exercises, sales and business meetings, seminars, workshops, employee volunteer projects, golf tournaments, company picnics and holiday parties
- Senior citizen and retiree trips—Casino outings, shopping trips, museums and historical sites, plays and concerts, fall color tours
- School travel—Fan and athlete transportation to competitions, band and orchestra festivals, club and class trips, sorority and fraternity outings, student volunteer work, cultural offerings, graduation and prom after-parties
- Church outreach—Mission trips, retreats, church camp travel, choir tours, adult and youth fellowship opportunities, local volunteer efforts, faith-based conferences and conventions
Book Your Charter Bus with Confidence
For more than three decades, we’ve maintained an overarching commitment—to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction in the charter bus industry. When you set up a charter bus excursion with US Coachways, you’ll get the following benefits:
- Logistical support you won’t find anywhere else—From the selection of the ideal bus for your group and your trip, to the determination of optimal sites and times for pickup and drop-off, we pay close attention to detail. We’ll also monitor road conditions for construction or other factors that affect your travel.
- Comprehensive dispatch services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week—We have the resources and tools to manage multiple pickup and drop-off locations simultaneously
- A dedicated project management team, with a single point of contact, available to respond to your concerns in a timely and effective manner
- Access to our online Trip Management Portal , a great tool that lets you peruse itineraries, invoices and other information from all your US Coachways trips in a single location
- Our industry-wide purchasing power—We book, on average, more than $55 million in charter bus trips every year, with vendors across the nation. That helps us get highly competitive pricing for our customers.
- Unmatched flexibility—Want to spend more time in Detroit? Because of the strong relationships we’ve built with charter bus service providers, it’s usually not a problem to make last-minute or real-time adjustments to your travel plans.
We are also GSA (General Services Administration) approved to provide charter bus services to the federal government and its agencies, including the military.
Make Your Reservation for Detroit Today!
At US Coachways, we’ve provided effective ground transportation solutions to individuals, businesses, groups and group leaders across the country for more than 30 years. To get an estimate on the cost of a charter bus rental to the Motor City, go to our easy-to-use online cost calculator. We’ll send a quote within minutes. For answers to your questions about charter bus travel, or to learn more about the full range of services we offer, call 1-855-287-2427 and ask for an experienced travel consultant.