Visit Sunny Southern California in Luxury, Comfort and Style
It’s winter…time to head south. San Diego’s a great place to visit when the days get shorter, but its unique weather makes it a comfortable destination any time of the year. It’s a true metropolis, with virtually unlimited cultural and sports opportunities, endless shopping venues, top-tier museums, and great dining experiences. It’s a big city, though. You don’t want to spend a lot of your time navigating the streets, checking directions, or looking for a parking spot. With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you can enjoy all San Diego has to offer while we take care of all the details.
The Many Reasons to Choose a Charter Bus for Your Ground Transportation
When you’re setting up a group event, there may be no detail more important than your choice of travel. A few problems on the road can put a cloud on the entire trip. With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you’ll get all these benefits:
- Unparalleled comfort—The seats on a charter bus are wide, with more leg room than you’ll find on any other mode of travel. There’s no middle seat, either, so you won’t be bumping elbows throughout the trip. The aisles are spacious, too, and you can move about at any time.
- Convenience—You won’t have to get behind the wheel, navigate traffic, check the GPS, watch the clock or try to find a place to park. Your driver will handle all those details. There’s no TSA security checkpoint, so you won’t have to stand in line, remove your shoes or throw out your shampoo. You’ll travel on the same coach at all times, and your luggage will always be with you—no concerns about missed connections or lost bags. Your devices won’t interfere with navigational systems, so you won’t have to put your phone on “bus mode”. You can stay connected at all times.
- Reliability—Did you know that more than 850,000 air travelers arrive late somewhere every day? That won’t happen with a charter bus. Your driver has the tools and resources to anticipate problems on the road and find alternate routes to get you there on time. In addition, because of our longstanding relationships with charter bus vendors nationwide, we can easily find replacement coaches, when necessary.
- Flexibility—You tell us when you want to leave, where you want us to pick you up, where you want to stop, how long you want to stay and when you want to come back. There’s no other mode of travel that gives you that much control. In addition, you can use your coach for more than just transportation. It’s a great place for a group meeting, and can also serve as a quiet place for some down time during a busy trip.
- Safety and security—You’ll have a seasoned pro behind the wheel. In addition, there’s only one way on and off the bus, so it’s easy to monitor comings and goings. You and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- Cost-effectiveness—Charter buses are consistently one of the most affordable ways to take a group anywhere
With a charter bus, you can take advantage of the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes, so you’ll have less risk of getting stuck in traffic. In addition, traveling by charter bus takes a number of private vehicles off the roads—that can have a very positive impact on the environment.
At US Coachways, we bring more than 35 years of hands-on charter bus experience to individuals, businesses, groups and group leaders nationwide. For a free quote on the cost of a charter bus trip to San Diego, go to our convenient online cost calculator. For more information about the services we provide or to get answers to any questions about charter bus rentals, call 1-855-287-2427 and speak with an experienced travel consultant.
Have a Great Time in San Diego
- Bask in the sun—The weather here is nearly ideal any time of the year, with the highs in the upper 60s in the winter and the upper 70s in the summer, and less than 20 days of rain annually. With more than 70 miles of Pacific Ocean coastline, you’ll have no problem finding a beach that’s right for you. The locals love Windansea, near La Jolla, with wide stretches of sand, as well as some private coves tucked away in the rocks. For a beach with a nightlife, head over to PB (Pacific Beach), where you can slake your thirst at one of the many beachside bars. For a less populated beach, go a bit north near Carlsbad to Ponto Beach.
- Visit museums at Balboa Park—There’s no place on earth quite like Balboa, a 1,200 acre urban cultural park with 17 different cultural institutions and museums, including the San Diego Museum of Man, the San Diego Museum of Art, the Museum of Photographic Arts, and the world-renowned San Diego Zoo. You’ll find open space areas offering plenty of hiking trails, as well as more than a dozen gardens. Other world-class attractions include the Air and Space Museum, the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, the San Diego Automotive Museum, and Centro Cultural de la Raza, dedicated to the preservation of Chicano, Mexican, Native American and Latino art and culture. The Old Globe Theatre has more than 15 productions throughout the year and the Palisades Building has a recital has and a puppet theatre.
- Enjoy a cold craft beer—With more than 150 different breweries in the San Diego metropolitan area, San Diego may be the epicenter of craft brewing in the United States. Legendary brewer Gordon Biersch got its start here, but there are also a number of tiny local alehouses where you can quaff tradition and experimental brews. In fact, San Diego had seven of the top 100 breweries in the world in 2019, according to RateBeer.com: AleSmith (6th), Port Brewing Company/The Lost Abbey (11th), Stone Brewing (22nd), Modern Times (23rd), Alpine Beer Company (45th), Ballast Point (61st) and Mikkeller (65th).
- Savor some great food—There’s understandably a heavy Tex-Mex influence in the cuisine in San Diego. For true Tijuana-style street fare, go to Tacos el Gordo, in Chula Vista, where you can a taco filled with roasted pork, head (cabeza) or tongue (lengua). For Puerto Nuevo style lobster—grilled or fried with a side of rice, beans and flour tortillas—visit Ortega’s in Hillcrest. For authentic homestyle Mexican cooking, try the caldo de res (beef stew) or mole poblano (chicken and poblano peppers in a chocolate-flavored sauce) at Super Cocina in City Heights. There’s much more, though, to the culinary scene in San Diego—enjoy a wide range of ethnic fare, including Albanian, Danish, Armenian, Russian, Scandinavian, Turkish, Polynesian, Burmese and Australian.
- Something you can only do in San Diego—See how some of the world’s finest acoustic guitars are crafted at the Taylor Guitar Factory in El Cajon. Tours are available Monday through Friday and there’s a store where you can get plenty of merch.
The US Coachways Pledge
At US Coachways, we are dedicated to continually identifying new and improved ways to meet our customers’ needs. When you book a trip with us, you’ll get:
- Access to our online Trip Management Portal , a user-friendly tool that lets you view invoices, itineraries and other information from all your US Coachways bookings in a single location.
- Comprehensive dispatch services at all times, with the capability to manage multiple locations simultaneously.
- The best logistical support in the industry—We’ll pay close attention to all the details, from the selection of the right bus for your group to the determination of optimal pick-up and drop-off times and locations. We’ll also keep an eye on the roadways for construction, accidents or other incidents that might affect your travel.
- Your own dedicated project management team, with a single contact person, available whenever you need assistance.
- The flexibility to make last-minute or real-time changes—With our access to charter bus vendors nationwide, we can also book many trips with relatively short notice.
- Highly competitive pricing—We book, on average, more than $55 million in charter bus trips every year. That gives us the vendor loyalty and local market knowledge to consistently offer very affordable rates.
We are also GSA (General Services Administration) approved to provide charter bus services to the federal government and its agencies, including the United States military.
Take a Charter Bus for Any Outing to San Diego
The many great features of charter bus travel—dependability, flexibility, affordability, safety, convenience and comfort—make it a smart decision for any type of excursion to San Diego:
- Family events—Weddings, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, reunions, graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, bar and bat mitzvahs, retirement parties and even family vacations
- Business and company travel—Workshops, seminars, conventions, conferences, training sessions, team-building exercises, employee volunteer projects, sales and business meetings, golf outings, company picnics and parties
- Senior citizen and retiree trips—Shopping excursions, casino outings, museums, plays and concerts, historical attractions, fall foliage tours
- School travel—Team and fan transportation, band and orchestra festivals, club and class trips, cultural events, fraternity and sorority outings, prom and graduation after-parties, student volunteer work
- Church outreach—Mission trips, choir tours, local volunteer efforts, retreats, church camp sessions, faith-based conferences and conventions, youth and adult fellowship opportunities
- Special events—Bowl games, championships, professional and college sports, auto races, food and cultural festivals, touring theatrical productions, public rallies, winery and brewery tours, stadium and arena concerts
We’ll Make Certain You Have the Best Coach for Your Trip
No other mode of travel offers all the benefits you’ll get with a charter bus. But to get the full benefits of a charter bus, you need to take the time to make sure you have the right bus for your group and your trip.
At US Coachways, we will take the time to learn the details of your trip—how many attendees you’ll have, how far you’ll have to travel, what you need to bring and want to take home, and any other special needs of the participants. Then we’ll work closely with charter bus vendors nationwide to find the ideal coach for your event.
If you are traveling to San Diego with a small-to-medium-sized group, the mini-bus can be a perfect fit, with a number of options that accommodate anywhere from 24 to 35 passengers. For larger groups, the full-sized bus is appropriate, with seating for up to 57 passengers and an on-board restroom. Multiple bus rentals are usually available and we can typically accommodate a request for an ADA-compliant coach.
With the exception of some school buses, all charters have high-back bucket seats, climate control, an excellent sound system and ample space for storage of personal items. Additional amenities may also be available for an extra charge, including Wifi, DVD players and monitors, electrical outlets, public address systems, hardwood floors and leather seats. Check with your booking agent.
Make Your Charter Bus Reservations for San Diego Today!
When you book a charter bus excursion with US Coachways, you’ll be working with an industry leader with more than 35 years of experience. To get a free estimate on the cost of a charter bus trip to San Diego, go to our easy-to-use online cost calculator. We get a quote to you within minutes, as well as a follow up e-mail. To learn more about the many ways we can assist you with group travel, or to ask any questions about charter bus rentals, call 1-855-287-2427 and speak with an experienced travel consultant.