Enjoy the City by the Bay in Comfort, Convenience and Style
The Golden Gate Bridge…Fisherman’s Wharf…Alcatraz…cable cars… sourdough…the crazy twists and turns of Lombard Street. Those are just a few of the many unique attractions that make San Francisco a truly unique city. It’s a great place to bring a group, but you don’t want to handle all the details on your own. With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you can enjoy the City by the Bay with everyone else.
Let US Coachways Be Your Charter Bus Provider
At US Coachways, we have brought people and occasions together for nearly four decades, earning an industry wide reputation for our skills with short-notice bookings and trips involving complex logistics. We are the nation’s leading charter bus rental company, booking more than 25,000 trips every year. We have built and maintained an unparalleled network of charter bus vendors in hundreds of cities across the country, so that our customers always have on-demand access to a vast selection of vehicles. We place a premium on safety and reliability, using our intuitive, fast-connect reservation system to simplify the process.
To get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus excursion to San Francisco, use our online cost calculator. For answers to any questions about charter bus trips, or to find out more about the ways we can assist you with group travel, live chat us or call 1-855-287-2427 for an experienced luxury travel consultant.
The Many Benefits of Charter Bus Travel
When you are organizing a group event, there are virtually endless details. Booking a charter bus for your ground transportation is a surefire way to ease your burden and make your participants happy. With a charter bus from US Coachways, you can relax, knowing that:
- You’ll have dependable transportation—Most other modes of travel experience delays and cancellations on a fairly regular basis. That doesn’t happen with a charter bus. Your driver has access to tools and resources to effectively monitor traffic patterns, identify potential problems in advance, and find alternate routes to get you there on time. In addition, the availability of thousands of coaches nationwide makes it relatively easy to find a replacement bus, if necessary.
- You’ll be safe—With a highly trained and skilled professional behind the wheel, you won’t have to worry about mishaps on the road. In addition, because of the limited access to a charter bus, you won’t have any uninvited guests—you and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- You’ll enjoy maximum comfort—The seats are huge and there’s more leg room than on any other mode of travel. There’s no middle seat, either. The aisles are roomy and you are free to move about at your leisure.
- You’ll have minimal stress—You won’t have to fight traffic, check the GPS, worry about the time or look for a place to park. Your driver will take care of all those details. You’ll travel on the same vehicle throughout your trip and your luggage will always be with you—no missed connections or lost bags. There’s no TSA security checkpoint and your devices won’t interfere with navigational systems, so you can stay wired at all times.
- You’ll have options—With a charter bus, you aren’t limited to a handful of prepackaged itineraries. You tell us when you want to leave, where you want us to pick you up, when you want to stop, how long you want to stay and when you want to return. We’ll take care of all the details. In most instances, you can make last-minute or real-time changes to your schedule, or book an entire outing with little notice.
- You’ll get more travel for your money—On a charter bus, you’ll share many of the expenses of travel. That makes a charter bus consistently more affordable for group outings.
- You won’t get stuck in traffic—You’ll get to take advantage of the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes
- You’ll have more than just transportation—Your coach can serve a number of functions, from a meeting space to a place for some quiet time in the midst of a busy trip to San Francisco
- You’ll be able to make a positive impact on the environment—A charter bus lets you go green, removing a number of private vehicles from the roadways, and lowering carbon emissions
Your San Francisco To-Do List
- The Golden Gate Bridge—You can walk or bike across this two-mile span, or just check out the view from Baker Beach. Stop in the Welcome Center at the southern entrance to the 1937 art deco masterpiece and see the 12-foot test tower used during construction, see artifacts or watch a video about the amazing span.
- Take a cable car ride—Take in 150 years of history as you ride on the world’s last manually operated cable car system, with the cars pulled by a below-ground cable driven by a 500 horsepower motor. The locals insist that the best views are from the Powell-Hyde cable car line—you’ll see Alcatraz Island and the entire San Francisco Bay. Pay a visit to the Cable Car Museum (it’s free), located in Nob Hill, where you can step aboard an 1870s cable car or see the power house that drives the cable cars.
- Stroll along Fisherman’s Wharf—You could spend your entire trip here and not see all the attractions. The San Francisco Maritime Museum has artifacts and exhibits chronicling the city’s role in shipping and seafaring. The Musee Mecanique, on Pier 45, has one of the world’s largest collections of antique mechanical games, including early pinball and arcade machines. Pier 39 belongs to the sea lions—as many as 900 make the dock area their home. Check out the Aquarium of the Bay, the USS Pampanito (a WWII submarine) or the collection of historic boats and ships at Hyde Street Pier.
- Experience life on “the Rock”—Visit the penitentiary that housed such famous convicts as Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly. There’s a ferry that will take you to the island, where you can take a 45 minute self-guided tour and spend some time wandering on your own.
- Have some sourdough and coffee—The popularity of sourdough in San Francisco traces its origins to the 1849 gold rush, when many a miner considered it a staple. Today, there’s no sourdough that compares, a product of the city’s foggy climate and a wild yeast predominant in the bay area. If you want the real deal, go to Boudin Bakery, founded in 1849. Legend has it they are using the same “sponge” they started with more than 160 years ago.
Our Commitment at US Coachways
At US Coachways, we work hard to make certain you have a great experience:
- We’ll give top priority to your safety
- We require all of our employees to stay current on all U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations governing safety, and to complete all associated training in a timely manner
- All automotive techs and mechanics who work on any of the buses we use must have received the Blue Seal of Excellence from the National Institute for Automotive Safety
- All the buses we book are equipped with Carrier411, the leading monitoring service, to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- All coaches that we charter undergo a thorough maintenance and safety inspection, with a comprehensive set of checks and balances to earn our Gold Seal of Approval
- We offer you unmatched options
- We maintain an extensive network of hand-selected charter bus service providers nationwide
- Our considerable bookings with charter bus vendors across the country ensure that you always have highly competitive pricing
- With access to more than 5,000 coaches in hundreds of cities, we can easily accommodate short-notice bookings or last minute modifications of your itinerary
- We employ technology to make your trip better
- Our state-of-the-art online Trip Management Portal lets you gather invoices, itineraries and other information about all your US Coachways bookings in one convenient location. You can also request a quote, make a reservation, request a change, submit a payment or track a reservation.
- Your driver has access to the Bus Route Analysis system, which offers real-time information about road conditions, including roadblocks, accidents and construction, so that alternate routes can be identified, if necessary
- SmartDrive, Wifi, USB ports and electrical outlets, flat screen televisions, two-way radios and on-board video monitoring are available to enhance your experience
We’ll Find the Right Bus for You
Choosing a charter bus is the first step toward a successful outing. It’s just as important to take the time to make certain you have a coach that meets the needs of your group.
At US Coachways, we’ll take the time to learn the details of your outing—how many people will be traveling with you, how long you expect to be on the road, what you’ll need to bring or want to take home, and any other special needs of your group. Then we’ll work closely with our vast network of top-tier charter bus providers to find the coach that’s ideal for you.
If you’re visiting San Francisco with a small-to-medium-sized group, we suggest the mini-bus. It comes in a number of models, seating anywhere from 24 to 35 comfortably. For a larger group, you’ll prefer the full-sized charter bus, with accommodations for up to 57 and a bathroom on the bus. You can always book more than one bus, and ADA-accessible coaches are typically available.
Most charter buses come with high-back bucket seats, climate control, a high-end sound system and plenty of storage space. Additional amenities, such as Wifi, DVD players and monitors, USB ports and electrical outlets, P.A. systems, hardwood floors and leather seats, may also be available for an extra charge. Check with your booking agent.
Choose Charter for Any Occasion
The features that make a charter bus so attractive—reliability, comfort, safety, affordability, convenience and flexibility—make it a smart decision for any excursion:
- Business and corporate events—Conventions, conferences, annual meetings, seminars, workshops, sales meetings, training sessions, team-building exercises, employee volunteer projects, golf outings, picnics and company celebrations
- School travel—Band and orchestra festivals and performances, athletic competitions, club and class trips, cultural events, prom and graduation after-parties, student volunteer efforts, sorority and fraternity outings
- Family gatherings—Reunions, weddings, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, graduations, bar and bat mitzvahs, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, retirement parties and family vacations
- Church ministries—Mission trips, local volunteer and outreach efforts, choir tours, adult and youth fellowship opportunities, praise meetings and gatherings, faith-based conventions and conferences, retreats, and church camp sessions
- Senior citizen and retiree excursions—Shopping sprees, museums, historical attractions, museums and plays, casino outings, and fall color tours
- Special events—Bowl games and championships, professional and college sports, motor car races, food and cultural festivals, parades and marches, touring Broadway shows, public rallies, stadium and arena concerts
Make Your Charter Bus Reservation for San Francisco Today!
When you book an outing through US Coachways, you’ll have the benefit of more than 35 years in the charter bus industry. To learn the estimated cost of a charter bus excursion to San Fran, go to our easy-to-use online cost calculator. We’ll get a quote to you within minutes. To learn more about the full range of services we offer, or to ask any questions about charter bus rentals, live chat us or call 1-855-287-2427 to speak with an experienced luxury travel consultant.