Travel to San Antonio on a Charter Bus
The biggest challenge with taking a group to San Antonio? Finding the time to do all the great things this city has to offer—the iconic foods, the historic missions, the River Walk, a sizzling nightlife, world-class visual and performing arts, the unique shopping venues. Everyone loves San Antonio, but it’s a big city. You don’t want your trip there to be more work than pleasure. Make it easy and comfortable for everyone with a charter bus rental from US Coachways.
The Many Great Features of a Charter Bus
When you’re planning a group outing, there’s no detail more important than your choice of transportation. If the travel there and back doesn’t go smoothly, it can put a damper on the whole trip. Make the smart choice and go by charter bus. You’ll appreciate the many benefits:
- Reliability—With most other types of travel, cancellations and delays are pretty standard—not with a charter bus. Your driver has the resources to proactively identify traffic challenges and find alternate routes to your destination. In addition, our longstanding relationships with charter bus vendors nationwide make it easier for us to find a replacement coach, if necessary.
- Affordability—Because of the shared costs, charter buses consistently provide more travel for your money than other modes of travel.
- Comfort—Your charter bus comes with a big, high-back bucket seat and more leg room than any other kind of transportation. There’s no middle seat, either. The aisles are wide and you won’t have to stay strapped in your seat.
- Convenience—On a charter bus, you can relax with everyone else while your driver checks the GPS, looks for parking, keeps an eye on the clock or navigates traffic. You’re on the same coach for the entire trip and your bags will travel with you—no missed connections or lost luggage. You won’t have to stand in a TSA security line, take off your shoes or leave personal toiletries at home. There’s no such thing as “bus mode” for your phone, either—stay online for the entire trip. Because you can take advantage of HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes, you’ll also have less risk of getting stuck in traffic.
- Safety and security—Your driver is a highly skilled and trained professional. Furthermore, there’s limited access to your bus, so you won’t have to worry about uninvited guests poking around in your personal items.
- Flexibility—There’s no other mode of travel that gives you as much control over when and where you depart, where you stop, how long you stay, what you see and when you return. With a charter bus, every trip is a one-of-a-kind. You can also use your bus for more than just a way to get there and back—it’s an ideal place for a group meeting or to get some quiet time when everyone else is seeing the sights.
- A positive impact on the environment—A charter bus helps you go green by taking a number of private vehicles off the roads, lowering carbon emissions.
At US Coachways, we offer more than 35 years of charter bus rental experience to groups and group leaders across the country. Use our convenient online cost calculator to get a free estimate of the cost of a charter bus trip to San Antonio. Call us at 1-855-287-2427 to ask any questions about charter bus travel or to learn about the many ways we can assist you.
The Many Great Attractions in San Antonio
- The River Walk—You’ll find lots of great places to relax outside, sip a margarita or enjoy some great Tex-Mex fare along San Antonio’s famous River Walk, a network of walkways along the San Antonio River that now stretches for some 15 miles. In addition to the many fun bars and restaurants, there are five historic missions, public works of art and hundreds of shops. The River Walk will connect you with plenty of arts and cultural venues, from the San Antonio Museum of Art to Ameson River Theatre. There’s also plenty of shopping in and around the River Walk, including La Villita Historic Arts Village, where you can find custom jewelry, art galleries, pottery and Mexican folk art. You can also take this pedestrian-only thoroughfare to the Pearl Brewing Company, the revered Texas brewery founded more than 130 years ago.
- The historic missions—San Antonio’s five missions, including the storied Alamo, are all part of a UNESCO world heritage site. Built in the early-to-mid 18th century, all the missions still support active parishes (except for the Alamo, also known as Mission Valero). They are found in the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, and the buildings are open to the public most days.
- The visual arts offerings—The McNay, opened in 1950, has works of some of the great modern painters, including Pablo Picasso, Georgia O’Keeffe, Henri Matisse and Joan Miro. The museum itself is a work of art, a 24 room Spanish Colonial Revival mansion in Alamo Heights. The San Antonio Museum of Art, with more than 30,000 works in its collection, has one of the largest collections of ancient Greek, Egyptian and Roman art in the nation, including paintings and sculpture. The Briscoe Western Art Museum has art and artifacts from the American West, as well as a sculpture garden.
- The performing arts—Music fans will find world-class offerings in any genre, from classical to Tejano, jazz and blues to folk and country. Head over to Blue Star Brewing any Tuesday night for big band. You’ll find the San Antonio Symphony, under the baton of Sebastian Lang-Lessing, at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts. Opera San Antonio also stages its productions at the Tobin Center. Big name musical acts and comedians regularly come to the Majestic Theatre and the AT&T Center is the place for stadium/arena shows.
- The iconic foods—There are lots of one-of-a-kind culinary treats in the Alamo City. The puffy tacos at Ray’s Drive Inn are the stuff of legend. For real Southern fried heaven, try the chicken-fried steak at DeWese’s Tip Top Café, where they’ve been feeding hungry eaters since 1838. For the best guacamole in South Texas, go to Paloma Blanca, in Alamo Heights, where they’ll prepare it right at your table. For a really rare treat, order the pastrami short rib at the Granary ‘Cue and Brew—they only serve them on Tuesdays, so make sure you get there early!
- The nightlife—There’s plenty to do in San Antonio when the sun goes down. Put on your dancing shoes and do a little Texas swing, either at Cowboys Dancehall, on the northeast side of town, or at the John T. Floore Country Store, in nearby Helotes.
The Right Bus Makes for a Great Trip
A charter bus offers more benefits than any other mode of travel. At US Coachways, we’ll take the extra time to make certain you have the ideal coach for your group and your trip. We’ll look at the details of your event—the number of people who’ll be coming with you, how long you’ll be on the road, what you’ll need to take with you or want to bring home, and any other special needs of your attendees. Then we’ll reach out to our extensive network of charter bus vendors to find the right coach.
If you’re headed to San Antonio with a small-to-medium-sized group, we recommend the mini-bus, with a number of options to accommodate 24 to 35 passengers. For larger groups, the full-sized bus is a great fit, with seating for up to 57 and an on-board restroom. You can usually rent multiple buses, and ADA-compliant coaches are typically available.
Most charter buses, other than some school buses, are equipped with high-back bucket seats, climate control, a great sound system and lots of storage space. Additional amenities may also be available for an extra fee, including Wifi, electrical outlets, public address systems, DVD players and monitors, leather seats and hardwood floors. Check with your booking agent.
A Charter Bus Rental—Just What You Want for Any Excursion to San Antonio
The features and services we offer—flexibility, reliability, safety, comfort, convenience and affordability—make a charter bus an excellent choice for any outing to the Alamo City:
- Business and company events—Conferences, conventions, training sessions, team-building exercises, workshops, seminars, sales and business meetings, employee volunteer projects, golf tournaments, company parties and picnics
- School travel—Band and orchestra festivals, athlete and fan transportation, fraternity and sorority events, club and class trips, student volunteer work, graduation and prom after-parties, cultural offerings
- Family celebrations—Reunions, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, graduations, bar and bat mitzvahs, retirement dinners, and family vacations
- Church ministries—Mission trips, retreats, church camp sessions, faith-based conferences and meetings, youth and adult fellowship events, local volunteer efforts, choir trips
- Senior citizen and retiree outings—Shopping trips, visits to museums and historical attractions, arts and cultural events, casino nights, fall color tours
- Once-in-a-lifetime events—Stadium and arena concerts, touring Broadway shows, professional and college sports, bowl games and championships, motor car races, food and cultural festivals, winery tours, public rallies
Our Commitment at US Coachways
We are constantly working to find new and better ways to provide the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction. When you book a trip with us, you’ll appreciate:
- Logistical support unmatched in the industry—Let’s face it—there are endless details that need to be addressed with any group outing. We’ll pay close attention at all times, whether we’re helping you select the right coach or we’re working with you to determine ideal times and locations for pick-ups and drop-offs. We’ll also monitor roadway conditions, so that we can properly respond to construction, accidents or other factors that affect your travel.
- Full-service dispatch 24/7, with the ability to manage multiple sites simultaneously
- Your own dedicated project management team, with one point of contact, ready and able to respond to your needs and concerns at any time
- The use of our online Trip Management Portal , where you can review itineraries, invoices and other information about all your US Coachways trips in the same place
- Our purchasing power—We set up, on average, more than $55 million in annual charter bus outings. That gives us the vendor allegiance and local market knowledge to consistently get highly competitive pricing.
- Our flexibility—Want to stay in San Antonio a little longer? We can usually make it happen. With our access to charter bus service providers across the country, we can usually make last-minute or real-time changes to your travel plans without much difficulty.
At US Coachways, we are approved by the General Services Administration (GSA) to make charter bus rentals available to the United States government and its agencies, including the armed forces.
Set Up Your Charter Bus Trip to San Antonio Today
When you take a charter bus to this great city in south Texas, you’ll get to work with dedicated professionals who have provided ground transportation solutions to customers nationwide for more than 35 years. We offer a free quote on the cost of a charter bus rental to San Antonio—go to our user-friendly online cost calculator to get started. If you have questions about charter bus travel, or want to learn more about the ways we can help you, call 1-855-287-2427 and talk with one of our travel consultants.