Enjoy the Beauty of the Cherry Blossoms in Comfort, Style and Safety
It’s that time of year…spring is just around the corner and everything will soon be in bloom. In Washington, DC, that means it’ll be time for the National Cherry Blossom Festival. This year, it runs from March 20 until April 12, with signature and featured events nearly every day. It’s a great time to bring a group to the nation’s capital, but you don’t want to navigate the traffic and the activities on your own. With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you can join in the fun while someone else handles all the details.
Our Commitment at US Coachways
At US Coachways, we are always looking for new and better ways to serve you. When you book with us, you appreciate:
- Our commitment to safety as a top priority
- We require all our employees to stay current with all Department of Transportation training, and have current knowledge of all DOT rules and regulations
- All buses supplied by our affiliate vendors must undergo a thorough inspection, with a rigorous checks and balances system to ensure compliance with our maintenance requirement and earn our Gold Star of Approval
- All automotive techs who work on the buses we provide must have earned the Blue Seal of Excellence from the National Institute for Automobile Safety
- We employ Carrier411, the nation’s leading carrier monitoring service, to maximize safety and ensure compliance with DOT rules and regulations
- The extensive fleet of vehicles available to you
- We have built a hand-picked network of luxury charter bus service providers throughout the United States, so that you have on-demand access to the largest fleet of coaches in the country.
- Our extensive network of charter bus vendors helps fuel our price match guarantee and ensure that you have consistently competitive pricing
- Our access to 5,000 charter buses in more than 100 major hubs nationwide makes it easier for us to book an entire trip with short notice
- The technology we use to make your experience better
- Our fast-connect Trip Management Portal lets you get a quote, make a payment, change your itinerary and view invoices and travel details from prior trips in one convenient location
- We use the Bus Route Analysis system to get real-time information about traffic patterns, roadblocks, accidents and construction, so that we can make good decisions that save you time and hassle
- We have SmartDrive technology, Wifi, USB ports, high-tech 2-way radios, flat screen TV and on-board video monitoring for your convenience
About US Coachways
At US Coachways, we book more charter bus excursions every year than any other company in the United States. For more than 35 years, we’ve brought people and events together, specializing in short-notice and complex logistical bookings. We place a premium on safety and dependability, setting up more than 25,000 every year with our fast-access reservation system. Over the past three and half decades, we’ve built a network of top-tier charter bus service providers second to none, so that you’ll have plenty of options from which to choose, and can find the coach that’s just right for your group. For a free estimate on the cost of a trip to Washington, DC during cherry blossom time, go to our convenient online cost calculator. To learn more about the scope of our services, or to ask any questions about charter bus travel, call 1-855-287-2427 to speak with an experienced luxury travel consultant.
It’s Cherry Blossom Time!
Our nation’s capital is known around the world as one of the premier places to see the stunning pink cherry blossoms every spring. The Tidal Basin, with the Jefferson, Roosevelt and Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorials along its banks, is one of the premier spots, with more than 3,000 cherry trees along its banks. You’ll find a lot more to do during cherry blossom time than just take in the view, though. Here are a few of the events that are part of the National Cherry Blossom Festival:
- The Opening Ceremony—Saturday, March 21, at 5 pm: Held at the Warner Theatre, the opening ceremony in 2020 will celebrate the gift of cherry trees from Japan to the United State. There will be Japanese folk music (shima-uta), a Japanese dance team called White Out Tokyo, and a performance by famed Japanese pop singer Naotaro Moriyama.
- The Smithsonian American Art Museum Cherry Blossom Celebration—Saturday, March 21, at the SAAM: This free event runs from 11:30 am until 3 pm, and features a celebration of Japanese art, music and culture. They’ll be a taiko drumming performance, Japanese dance and the opportunity to see and actually make some Japanese crafts.
- The Blossom Kite Festival—Saturday, March 28, on the grounds of the Washington Monument: You’ll see thousands of kites over the National Mall, and can watch as professionals and amateurs put on demonstrations or participate in kite competitions. You can bring your own kite and join the fun, or purchase a kite at the festival.
- The Tastes of Spring Cherry Blossom Food Crawl—Saturday, March 28 through Sunday, April 5, at various restaurants: Sample tasty treats from restaurants in downtown DC and Old Town Alexandria. You’ll get a wrist band to get you into the participating eateries.
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade—Saturday, April 4, on Constitution Avenue: Come rain or shine, there’ll be floats, marching bands, helium balloons, celebrity entertainers and other performers along the parade route from the National Archives to the Washington Monument. The parade starts at 10 am, so get there early!
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Petapalooza—Saturday, April 11, from 1 pm until 9 pm: Come to the Yards, along the Capitol Riverfront for art, music, food, a beer garden and a fireworks display with music!
The Right Coach Makes Your Trip So Much Better
It’s a wise move to book a charter bus for your trip to Washington, DC. But you want to take the extra time to make certain you have the best bus for your group and your trip.
At US Coachways, we’ll carefully gather all essential information about your event—how long you’ll be traveling, how many folks are coming with you, what you’ll want to bring or take home, and any other special needs of your participants. We’ll work in tandem with our extensive network of charter bus vendors nationwide to find the ideal coach for your trip.
If you’re going to see the cherry blossoms with a small-to-mid-sized group, you’ll want the mini-bus, with a number of options seating anywhere from 24 to 35 passengers. For larger groups, the full-sized charter bus is a great fit, with accommodations for up to 57 and an on-board bathroom. We can usually accommodate a request for multiple bus rentals and typically have access to ADA-compliant coaches.
Climate control, high-back bucket seats, a great sound system and ample storage space are standard features on most charter buses (other than some school buses). Additional features, such as Wifi, public address systems, DVD players and monitors, electrical outlets, charging ports for your devices, leather seats and hardwood floors, may be available for an extra charge. Check with your booking agent.
A Charter Bus—Great for Any Group Outing
There’s no better way to enjoy the cherry blossoms in Washington, DC this spring than on a charter bus. But the features that make a charter bus so attractive—the dependability, flexibility, comfort, safety, affordability and convenience—make it a smart decision for any group travel:
- Family celebrations—Birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, bar and bat mitzvahs, reunions, weddings, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, retirement parties and even family vacations
- Business and company events—Conventions, conferences, training sessions, team-building exercises, workshops, seminars, sales and business meetings, golf outings, company volunteer work, picnics and holiday parties
- Senior citizen and elder travel—Shopping excursions, casino events, plays and concerts, historical attractions, museums, and fall color tours
- School trips—Band and orchestra festivals, fan and athlete transportation, prom and graduation after-parties, sorority and fraternity events, student volunteer projects, club and class trips, cultural offerings
- Church ministries—Mission trips, retreats, local outreach efforts, faith-based conferences and conventions, choir tours, church camp travel, adult and youth fellowship opportunities
- Once-in-a-lifetime happenings—Championships and bowl games, college and professional sports, touring Broadway productions, stadium and arena concerts, motor car races, food and cultural festivals, winery tours and public rallies
Your US Coachways Customer Bill of Rights
To help ensure that every customer experiences our gold standard in charter busing, we have established a Customer Bill of Rights. With every US Coachways booking, you have the right to:
- Know all potential costs in advance—We’ll provide upfront pricing, fully disclosing all potential costs and fees at the point of sale. Those costs will be carefully documented in your contract. If there’s a price increase after you sign your contract, and it’s not due to changes you made to your itinerary, we’ll immediately notify you and give you the opportunity to cancel the booking without incurring a cancellation fee.
- Obtain protection against a potential cancellation—As part of your agreement with US Coachways, you will have the opportunity to purchase “charter cancellation protection,” which may reduce your costs if a trip is cancelled.
- Have a professional driver behind the wheel at all times—We require that all drivers used by our affiliate charter bus service providers be properly licensed, and that they comply at all times with state and federal safety and driving requirements. We also require that your driver be highly knowledgeable about your itinerary and use the highest standards of professional courtesy at all times. If your driver does not meet these standards and you provide us with timely notice of such a failure, we will conduct a thorough investigation. If that investigation corroborates your allegations, we will refund you 5% of the total cost of the trip, up to a maximum of $500.
- Start your trip on time—We ask that you allow a 30 minute grace period for pickup at the beginning of your trip. If we are more than 30 minutes late with the initial pickup, we will refund you 5% of the total cost of the charter. For any additional 30 minute period that we are late, we will refund an additional 5%, up to a maximum of 20% of the total cost of the charter.
- Reduced cancellation fees in a state of emergency or weather-related closing—If a venue on your itinerary closes because of a “state of emergency,” we will cap your cancellation fees at $500, provided the cancellation was beyond your control. If you experience a weather-related cancellation, any cancellation fees will be applied as a discount on future US Coachways bookings.
- Amenities that work—If you have any amenities, such as climate control, public address system, Wifi or sound system, that malfunction, we will either fix the problem or find you another bus, if possible. We will also refund up to 5% of the total cost of the charter for every day the amenity does not work properly, up to 20% of the total charter cost.
Make Your Charter Bus Reservation for Cherry Blossom Time Now!
There’s still time to book your charter bus outing to see the cherry blossoms in bloom in Washington, DC this year. With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you’ll have the knowledge and expertise we’ve developed over the last 35 years, providing effective ground transportation solutions for groups and group leaders nationwide. To get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus trip to Washington, DC this spring, go to our easy-to-use online cost calculator. To get answers to any questions you may have about charter bus rentals or to learn more about the ways we can assist you, call 1-855-287-2427 and speak with an experienced luxury travel consultant.