Enjoy the Big A in Style with a Charter Bus Rental
You’re taking a group of people to Atlanta. It’s one of America’s great cities and there’s no doubt that you’ll have a great time when you get there. But the ATL is a teeming city, with more than five million people in the metro area. The traffic here is unlike anything you’ll find anywhere else in the country. I-75, the main highway coming into town, is 15 lanes wide at one point! Do you really want to try to navigate that?
There’s a better way to have a safe and fun time in Atlanta—in the luxury and convenience of a charter bus rental from US Coachways. We’ll handle all your travel needs, so that you can relax with friends and family.
A Charter Bus Rental—Perfect for Any Trip to Atlanta
A charter bus can make any trip easier:
- Business outings—Take your employees to a convention, conference, meeting, team-building exercise or company party.
- Family gatherings—A charter bus is ideal for weddings, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, reunions, graduation parties and birthday or anniversary celebrations.
- School trips—You’ll appreciate the safety and accountability a charter bus provides for athletic team travel, class or club trips, and cultural outings.
- Church travel—Charter coaches are great for mission trips, community volunteer efforts, youth group excursions and general fellowship.
- Special events—A charter bus is the perfect way to take a group to a big game, stadium concert, Broadway show or other once-in-a-lifetime event.
Atlanta—The Historical Heart of the South
Atlanta has long been at the center of southern culture and history, from its founding nearly two hundred years ago to its current status as the heart of business, culture and the arts in the Southeastern United States. Famously burned to the ground in 1864 on General George Sherman’s “March to the Sea,” Atlanta was the site of many pivotal battles in the War between the States. You can tour many of these, including Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, Stone Mountain and Roswell. Visit Marietta National Cemetery, where more than 10,000 Union soldiers were interred, or Oakland Cemetery, the final resting place of thousands of Confederate soldiers.
Atlanta also played a key role in the American Civil Rights movement. Visitors can tour the National Center for Civil and Human Rights or take a trip to the King Center, which pays homage to the slain civil rights leader.
The Vibrant Cultural Scene in “The A”
Considered by many to be the birthplace of hip-hop music, Atlanta is a haven for a diverse and exciting array of musical genres. Come any time of year and you’re likely to find a world-class music festival. In May, there’s the Shaky Beats Music Festival (electronic dance music) and the Atlanta Jazz Festival. Come in August for the Decatur BBQ, Blues and Bluegrass Festival or visit Atlanta in October for the A3C Hip Hop. The city also has hundreds of live music venues, from cozy clubs to the Fox Theatre, Philips Arena and Lakewood Amphitheatre.
Fans of classical music and dance have many options in Atlanta, from the renowned Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and the Atlanta Opera to Atlanta Dance Theatre and Atlanta Ballet. Touring Broadway shows regularly perform at a number of venues in Atlanta, including the Fox Theatre and Serenbe Playhouse. There are also dozens of stages in the city where you can catch live theatrical productions.
Patrons of the visual arts will appreciate the High Museum, with more than 15,000 pieces in its permanent collection. There are also dozens of smaller art galleries, including ZuCot, the largest African-American owned gallery throughout the Southeastern United States.
The Museums and Historic Homes of Atlanta
Atlanta has long been committed to preserving its legacy, with some of the most fascinating and unusual museums you’ll find anywhere in the country:
- The World of Coca-Cola—Though it’s long been the subject of debate, local legend has it that pharmacist John S. Pemberton invented the popular soft drink here in 1886. You can visit the 92,000 square foot interactive tribute to the world’s best-selling beverage. Among the exhibits—a tasting room with more than 100 Cokes from around the globe and a 4D theater, where you can feel the carbonation on your skin!
- The College Football Hall of Fame—This is the South, where football (especially college football) is more a religion than a game. The museum houses thousands of artifacts and mementoes related to college pigskin history, including more than 750 different helmets, rare photos and film, and a 47 yard indoor football field.
- The Delta Flight Museum—Learn about the history of flying at this unique museum, located in an old hangar built in the 1940s. The first 747-400 ever built is there, as is the only remaining Waco 125 prop job in the world.
- The Waffle House Museum—Located at the site of the first Waffle House restaurant, in the suburb of Avondale Estates, this fully restored “restaurant” contains artifacts and memorabilia from the 24-hour eatery’s storied 60 year history.
Atlanta was also the home of many famous Americans. You can tour the Margaret Mitchell House, a part of the Atlanta History Center, where the author penned the famous novel Gone With The Wind. Visitors can also tour the birth home of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., as well as the Wren’s Nest, the home of American journalist and humorist Joel Chandler Harris.
The Many Reasons to Choose Charter for Your Tour of the Big Peach
At US Coachways, we book more than 20,000 charter bus trips every year. Here are some of the reasons smart travelers choose charter buses for group outings:
- A charter bus lets you enjoy the ride, too—One of the unfortunate realities of most group travel is that someone has to be in charge. Someone has to be the navigator. Someone has to monitor the time. Someone has to battle traffic and someone has to find a place to park. With a charter bus rental, you can relax with friends and family while we handle the details. You won’t have any worries about missed connections or lost luggage, either. You’ll ride on the same coach for your entire trip and your bags will always be with you. You won’t have to take your shoes off or put your hands in the air—there’s no TSA line. And there’s no “bus mode” for your phone, so you can stay connected at all times.
- A charter bus rental lets you create a one-of-a-kind trip—With a charter bus, you won’t have to choose from a handful of predetermined itineraries. If you can dream it, there’s a good chance we can do it. Just tell us when and where you want to go and how long you want to stay. We’ll take care of the details.
- A charter bus offers more travel for your money—It’s consistently one of the most affordable ways to take a group to Atlanta or anywhere.
- Safety and security—On a charter bus, you’ll have a trained professional behind the wheel. In addition, because of the limited access to your bus, it’s much easier to monitor who comes and goes. You and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- You’ll get to use the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes—The roadways in and around Atlanta are among the busiest in the nation, so this can be a big benefit.
- Charter buses are one of the most comfortable ways to travel—There’s more leg room than on any other mode of travel. The seats are big and the aisles offer plenty of room to move about the bus.
- Traveling by charter bus helps the planet—When you ride together on the same coach, there are fewer vehicles and fewer emissions. Check out the positive impact US Coachways had on the environment in 2018.
We’ll Help You Find the Right Coach for Your Group
If you want to travel in comfort, luxury and convenience, there’s no better option for a group than a charter bus rental. But it’s important to book the right bus. You want a coach that’s the ideal size, and that offers the amenities you need. With access to a vast network of charter bus service providers nationwide, US Coachways can help you find the perfect vehicle.
- For groups of 24 to 35, the mini-bus is a great fit. In addition to the plush seating, there’s also ample space for all that you bring and all that you take home.
- For larger groups, the 57 passenger bus fits the bill. Don’t worry about the size of your group, either. Multiple bus rentals are always an option.
Most charter buses come with standard conveniences, including Wifi, charging stations for your devices, sound systems, DVD players and PA systems. Additional features, such as on-board bathroom facilities, are available on some coaches. The amenities vary from bus to bus, so check with your booking agent to learn your options.
Make Your Charter Bus Reservation for Atlanta Today
At US Coachways, we have set the standard in the charter bus rental business for more than three decades. To get a free quote for a group excursion to the great city or Atlanta, or to learn more about the full range of services we offer, check out our online cost calculator or call us at 1-855-287-2427.