Visit the City of Freedom in Style and Comfort
You’ve always wanted to make the pilgrimage to Philadelphia, to see the storied sites of our nation’s birth—the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the home of America’s flag maker, Betsy Ross. The city doesn’t disappoint—if you want to get a true sense of how our country came into being, it’s all here. But there’s much more to this great city, from world-class sports and music to live theatre and visual arts. And, of course, it’s almost impossible to think of Philly without closing your eyes and watching Rocky run up the stairs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Great food…amazing shopping experiences—there’s even the Philadelphia zoo, one of the nation’s largest, with more than 1,300 different species.
But make no mistake about it…Philadelphia is a bustling city, not the kind of place you want to navigate on your own. You don’t want to spend your time in the City of Brotherly Love buried in a map or your GPS or, worse yet, trying to find a place to park or remember where you parked the car, especially when you’re traveling with a group. Make it easy on yourself, with a charter bus rental from US Coachways. You’ll be able to relax with friends and family while someone else handles all the details.
Charter Bus Rental—The Way the Pros Travel
Ask anyone who travels regularly with a group and they’ll tell you there’s only one way to go—on a charter bus:
- It’s consistently found to be one of the most cost-effective ways to take a group anywhere
- The highly skilled drivers and limited access to your bus help keep you and your personal items safe and secure
- It’s the most stress-free way to travel. You won’t have to check your watch or look at a map. No worries about missed connections or lost luggage and there’s no TSA line, so you can keep your shoes on and bring your own shampoo.
- Your options are virtually unlimited—just tell us where you want to go and when you want to be there and we’ll handle the details.
- You won’t have to find your way anywhere—your driver will drop you off and pick you up wherever you go
- You won’t sit in traffic, since your driver can always use the HOV lanes
US Coachways is proud to have been an industry leader in charter bus rental for more than 30 years. To learn more about the services we provide or to get a free quote on a charter bus trip to Philadelphia, go to our cost calculator or call us at 1-888-340-9122.
Come for the History—Enjoy All Philadelphia Has to Offer
Founded by William Penn in 1682, Philadelphia grew into one of the most important cities in the American colonies and the center of efforts to form a new nation. You don’t want to make the trip to the city without taking in some of the rich history:
- Visit the Liberty Bell Center, on Independence Mall. See the 2,080 pound symbol of American freedom and independence
- Take a guided tour of Independence Hall, the birthplace of both the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution
- Stop by the home of Betsy Ross, and take a self-guided tour of the famed seamstress’s apartment. This is where she lived when she sewed the nation’s first flag (and made musket cartridges in her basement!)
- Experience the Museum of the American Revolution. The museum has many artifacts and art from the Revolutionary War, including the tent where George Washington slept as field commander. The Museum’s Battlefield Theater offers a lifelike simulation of life as a soldier in the Continental Army.
- Learn more about our founding fathers at the National Constitutional Center: Walk among life-sized bronze statues of the men who attended the Constitutional Convention at this museum devoted entirely to America’s Constitution. There’s an original copy of President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation and a copy of the original Bill of Rights.
Arts and Culture Abound in the Birthplace of America
Philadelphia has long been a haven for popular music, with a rich musical heritage dating back to colonial times. The Philadelphia Orchestra, once under the baton of famed conductor Leopold Stokowski, performs at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. The city also boasts many large and small venues, such as the Trocadero and Union Transfer, which offer music for just about any taste, from jazz and soul to hip-hop and roots music. The Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Woodmere have extensive collections of visual art. The Philadelphia Theatre Company offers first-class productions at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre.
For a truly unique experience, visit the Eastern State Penitentiary Museum. The museum, a National Historic Landmark, is housed in a former penal institution.
Sports in Philadelphia—A Success Story
The City of Brotherly Love is also a city of champions. On any given day, you’ll have the opportunity to see the best athletes in the world. whether it’s the Phillies on the baseball field, the 2017 Super Bowl champion Eagles on the gridiron, the beloved Sixers on the basketball court or the former Stanley Cup-winning Flyers on the ice. Philly is also a popular destination for golfers and fans of golf, with more than 50 courses.
Bring Your Appetite and Your Wallet
You can’t visit the namesake for cheese steak without enjoying the city’s most famous food, but there’s a lot more to Philadelphia eats than shaved beef, onions, green peppers and cheese on a bun. The locals insist the Italian food is more authentic here. The city is also home to some of the nation’s legendary steakhouses. Look for a street vendor to indulge in the classic “Philly-style soft pretzel or, for the more adventurous, order turtle soup and homemade oyster crackers, a local delicacy. Another popular local confection is Irish potato candy,. The candy is about the size of a marble, with coconut and cream cheese inside. No calories there!!!
Philadelphia has also been called the City of Neighborhoods, and that’s the best way to shop Philly. Among the more popular places to find one-of-a-kind items or great buys are Midtown Village and the Market Street area. The Shops at the Bellevue and at Liberty Place are also top destinations.
All Things Rocky!!
Admit it…your heart swelled the first time you watched Rocky scale those 72 steps in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Now you can walk (or run) in those famous footsteps. The Rocky Statue, donated to the city after the film was completed, stands at the bottom of the stairs. There’s a Rocky Tour of Philadelphia, where you can see many of the famous sights seen in the movies. When you’ve scaled the steps, swing over to Pat’s and get a cheese steak (where Rocky stopped in the first film). You can stop by the old butcher shop, but don’t expect them to let you use test your boxing skills on the hanging meat.
A Charter Bus—The Perfect Solution for Any Group Travel
There are many factors that combine to make a group excursion a success, but none as important as your ground transportation. When your participants don’t feel safe and secure, or experience delays or other problems getting around, it can put a damper on everything. You want reliable, flexible and cost-effective transportation, regardless of the purpose of your trip:
- Corporate or business events—Charter buses are ideal for taking executives or other employees to conferences, conventions, team-building exercises, outings or even holiday parties
- School travel—Whether it’s for a sporting event or a club outing, a charter bus rental will help you ensure the safety of youngsters in your care
- Family outings—With a charter bus, you’ll be able to rekindle important family relationships as you travel to a graduation party, wedding, reunion, birthday or anniversary party
- Special events—Join fellow fans at a concert or game and travel in comfort, luxury, convenience and safety
- Church travel—A charter bus can make mission and ministry a more powerful experience for everyone
There’s a Charter Bus That’s Right for Your Group
Whether you’re traveling with a small group or family or friends or part of a large entourage, you’ll find a coach that meets your needs. From the 12 passenger Executive Sprinter Van to the mini-bus (which seats 24 to 35) to the 57 passenger bus, there’s a vehicle that’s right for you. Don’t worry about having too many attendees, either. Multiple bus rentals are always an option. Many modern conveniences are standard in most buses, including Wifi, docking and charging stations, and quality sound systems. Other amenities are available, including on-board bathroom facilities.
Reserve Your Charter Bus to Philadelphia Today
Get ready to see Philadelphia like you’ve never seen it before—in the plush and spacious environment of a charter bus. Call us at 1-855-287-2427 to talk to an experienced agent or visit our cost calculator to request a quote.